After a LOT of hard work I finally pushed Phaser 2.0.0 out today! It literally only just snuck into the March 13th release date But I'm super happy with this build. The headlines:
1) Pixi 1.5 under the hood = much faster in nearly all cases
2) Multi-physics engine support: Arcade, p2.js full Body and Ninja.
3) Better Group handling - more sensible parenting, less code, better child support, faster.
4) Better Text handling - Bitmap Fonts with spaces in the name! Text shadows, text events, web fonts, etc.
5) More consistent input events across more game objects than before.
6) Literally hundreds of bug fixes. I cleared out github entirely
7) Much better tilemap collision than ever before - tile delta options, tile padding on bodies, faster getTiles, faster rendering
8) Tilemaps supported across Arcade, p2 and Ninja!
9) Lots of bizarre physics bugs nuked.
10) Retro Fonts
11) Tilemap ray casting
12) Load Lime/Corona polygon files direct into p2 bodies.
and loads I forget because I've not slept for 26 hours
In short ...
It's all on the repo: https://github.com/photonstorm/phaser
Site to be updated when I'm back in the land of the living.
Thanks to everyone who helped test and reported bugs
- Mike, abiyasa, nem0ff and 16 others like this