MidnightCow

Members
  • Content Count

    18
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About MidnightCow

  • Rank
    Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://www.intothescreen.co.uk
  • Skype
    david.gallagher.79

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    United Kingdom
  1. Actually.. I managed to repair the flipped UV faces, and it aint that. All the other meshes are fine except this one, so obviously something has got screwed up. Back to the drawing board :/
  2. Well, i've discovered the issue, and it's at my side not with Babylon.. The meshes causing problems are showing up in 3ds Max's X-View as having several Flipped UVW Faces.. In almost 20 years of doing 3d i don't think i've ever had this particular issue, i guess there's always room for new problems I think it might be because the meshes has been bounced between C4D/ZBrush and then using Max to export to babylon, at some point some of the UV faces have got uhh, flipped.. The meshes have been decimated in Zbrush to nail the polycount and then further tweaked/optimised in C4D before finally being transferred over to Max as FBX format so i can only guess at some point in the chain something has went amiss. The vertex order of the meshes seem to be all over the place also ( although until i apply an alpha texture they look and render perfectly fine ) so i guess that's also symptomatic of whatever caused it. I've tried a number of things to fix it ( without redoing UVW maps completely ) but looks like i'm going to have to bit the bullet and redo them. Weird! Thanks for the help and keep up the good work on Babylon guys!
  3. I was kinda hoping it was maybe a known issue tbh :/ Can i import custom .babylon scenes in the playground? I might try that, it might help to strip back and test just the offending object also..
  4. Hi, I'm not sure what exactly is the issue here but, i have a mesh which is exported from Max with a simple material with jpg in diffuse and a b+w jpg in the opacity slot. For some reason this is rendering in Babylon almost as if the normals are inverted, or maybe as if there is some z-sorting issue going on ( ie the object is not transparent, but where parts of the object visually overlap itself on screen there seems to be transparency, hence why i'm thinking maybe z issues ).. The alpha itself seems to be working as expected, and the material inside babylon appears to be set up correctly with the jpg showing up as the materials 'opacityTexture' etc.. Any clues what's going on? I've tried checking mesh normals inside Max etc everything is fine :/
  5. Damn, just didn't have time to have a go at this, would still like to attempt it though so might do at some point.
  6. This is a really cool idea! fenomas - That looks like a pretty solid basis for a minecraft implementation, how long did it take to create?
  7. CHG no I didn't mean use octree just pointing out that submesh might be better optimised than a standard mesh with duplicated internals all in serial.. I would have thought .clone would create a new submesh..
  8. Is it worth trying, rather than looping through the verts for each layer etc, taking the original plane mesh, then using SubMesh functionality, and SubMesh.clone() to build up the layers.. I think submesh is optimised for fast access ( for octree use etc ) so it may be that some small performance gain could be leveraged out of it..
  9. Thanks again Julian, yeah i think i'll do that!
  10. Hi there, I didn't want to hassle Temechon personally with this so i thought i'd ask in general: I have some aliasing on my GUIText objects, is there a way around this?
  11. Hi guys, I think i replied to this in my head without actually replying! Thanks for the suggestion Deltakosh, Wingnut that looks like a good start, i'm going to have a good at what you've did there and play around with it, will post here if i have any luck
  12. Probably using pixel positions on the image rather than uv-style 0-1, because it would make it easier for texture creation, and rather than passing values like 0.324565 etc you'd be using more readable integers.. And the uvFace could do the conversion to UV behind the scenes. So like: mymesh.faceUV[0] = [0,0,20,20]; mymesh.faceUV[1] = [20,0,40,20]; Etc.. Or: mymesh.faceUV = [[0,0,20,20],[2,0,40,20],...etc]
  13. I think the bGUI extension is convenient for this: https://github.com/Temechon/bGUI