Ok... listening - thinking... and NOTES (for later).
- 'getHeightAtCoordinates'...terrain-following WITHOUT physics or gravity. (thx @jerome)
'mesh-class' objects, pressed into brain, got it. Thanks, jerome. : )
yep - that is working well, no doubt! very helpful . TODO: bots.
- Rays! TODO: ToVector tracking-line, world origin, and need more lasers always . Ignore that sorry.
'array-contour-following' - nice. Got an implementation going: 50%.... understand. Nice words. TODO dig there.
'Rays can be tricky on bumpy ground'. Nice! Found that. .stl GIS from USGS Mars bumpy(w/ subdivision surface). lots of free stuff on 3D USGS (havelinks). Did not experience "stuck" weirdness, because used it for rotation not x, z. good to know. .... There was a bouncy fulcrum issue... on an edge. but also Landscape Subdivision Surface (Blender) - aok. : ) Wait! Yes Ceres (asteroid) ... was bumpy, and the character crawls... ah... thats why. Thanks for that.... shortbike.
- 'no hassles with CannonJS meshImpostors ONLY interacting with spheres.' thanks for that. 'dream into physics - not a physics into dream.' - yoda. Something like that, no hassle sounds like a good way to go!
- MeshImpostors -> Only Spheres. Yes need to test. TODO Thanks! Ah, because singular touch-point tracking that.... .
- 'no car jumps off mountain peaks' - ok cool with that. 'parabolic'. Something similar, looking for B-Spline horizontal mesh of vectors that dump into int array.... (low fidelity points on curves) NOTE. My bad to share, please skip if dont care.
- 'Jerome's stuff,' - 'nobody better at making mesh act like they are using a physics engine... without using a physics engine.' That sounds like noble work. Thank you sir. I would like to understand more.
- 'only cameras (not a mesh) can have physics-engine-less gravity' - saw that, why? 'ground in bumpy terrains... is an issue', ok - all good there. goodbye bumpy ground. "smoothed", like Blender> decimate? Cool, all good there... Ceres had that. oh yeah. ok. Making sense slowly.
- humbled 'hero'- ok get why. Ha, laugh at noob at bottom of hill looking up. I work on sin/cos, matrix multiplication vect, etc.
- 'Spherical Harmonics', verynice, https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#1TTZKR#3 Not seen often, I saw this happen in Blender (scale) (maybe?). Take many screenshots of the beautiful shapes. Dazzles eyes. Not sure why. And something - fundamentally related in some work by M.C.Escher (maybe one spot or two)(see his planetoids/gr8 for 3d). I would like to understand spherical harmonics.
- https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#27QHMX#1 - spherical harmonics: makes-brain-happy.
- https://www.babylonjs-playground.com/#9LBJS#1 - godrays lightscattering- AND animated rainbow texture! .wow...
Is that animate rainbow texture? gradiants... nice effect. Sorry entranced by strange things. Love that texture.
-entire terrain is "covered" with invisible sphereImpostors... ha, like life is a particle system...? Gah! Life is a particle system! "Jim, The problem appears larger than originally anticipated." ~ spok. So spectrum looks like: 'minimalism' - no hassles? -> maximalism is life-analog. Raises hand.
- cloth demo - very cool. TODO: How? bunch of joints? later,...Raanan === 'hero'. Thank you.
- Temechon .... Thank you. Yes, understand === hero.
- Decades? Ok...