game.rnd.pick sometimes generate wrong number

Jirka1111

In update function:

platformsCreate: function() {        // platform basic setup        this.platforms = this.add.group();        this.platforms.enableBody = true;        this.platforms.createMultiple( 10, 'pixel' );        // create the base platform, with buffer on either side so that the hero doesn't fall through//        this.platformsCreateOne( -16, this.world.height - 16, this.world.width + 16 );        // create a batch of platforms that start to move up the level        for( var i = 0; i < 9; i++ ) {            this.platformsCreateOne( this.platformsPosition(), this.world.height - 150 - 150 * i, 50 );        }    }

platformsPosition:

platformsPosition: function(){        return Phaser.Math.getRandom([56, 127, 198, 269, 340, 411]);            },

Other methods:

platformsCreate: function() {        // platform basic setup        this.platforms = this.add.group();        this.platforms.enableBody = true;        this.platforms.createMultiple( 10, 'pixel' );        // create the base platform, with buffer on either side so that the hero doesn't fall through//        this.platformsCreateOne( -16, this.world.height - 16, this.world.width + 16 );        // create a batch of platforms that start to move up the level        for( var i = 0; i < 9; i++ ) {            this.platformsCreateOne( this.rnd.integerInRange( 0, this.world.width - 50 ), this.world.height - 150 - 150 * i, 50 );        }    },        platformsCreateOne: function( x, y, width ) {        // this is a helper function since writing all of this out can get verbose elsewhere        var platform = this.platforms.getFirstDead();        platform.reset( x, y );        platform.scale.x = width;        platform.scale.y = 16;        platform.body.immovable = false;        return platform;    },

I had to generate platforms in some predefined x coordinates. But sometimes the platform just won't shows up.

post-9946-0-67773000-1414344370_thumb.pn

post-9946-0-45991800-1414344372_thumb.pn

post-9946-0-63388400-1414344374_thumb.pn

post-9946-0-42007400-1414344376_thumb.pn

Try putting a debug print (like console.log()) in platformsCreateOne() to see where all the x,y coordinates are.  Then work backwards from there.  Also, check your assumptions for this.world.width and this.world.height (with another debug print) to make sure everything is as you expect.

And just in case...

Try putting an assert, debug print, or similar after this line to make sure nothing surprising is happening:

var platform = this.platforms.getFirstDead();

Tom