Replace an existing texture using UV Map

Iwaa-kun

Hi,

I'm new to BabylonJS and 3D.

I created a scene in Blender with a character. It has a single material, UV Map and texture.

It works fine in BabylonJS but when I replace the texture with new BABYLON.Texture or new BABYLON.DynamicTexture (in my case), the new texture does not take into account the UV Map.

I think I forgot something, but I don't know where to watch.

(Sorry for my English ^^')

You must reload the model after assigning the new textures. I do not think it can be dynamically changed.

How can I do that?

Normally, there is no texture and diffuseTexture is undefined. What I wanted to do is to place a dynamic texture on the model and then I draw the character's face dynamically.

So I do this:

// mesh.material.diffuseTexture is undefined before thatvar skin = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture("Peau", 1024, newScene, true);skin.hasAlpha = true;skin.getContext().fillStyle = '#ff0000';skin.getContext().fillRect(0,0,1024,1024);skin.getContext().drawImage($('img.eye')[0],0,0,120,100,190,690,120,100); // There is an HTML Image Element loadedskin.update(false);mesh.material.diffuseTexture = skin;

But I find myself with the same problem: the texture does not take into account the UV and hasAlpha property changes nothing.

How do I reload the model after applying the dynamic texture?

When you do a console.log (), you have diffuseTexture?

You must export your model with a default texture, even if it is transparent so you need to do with blender or 3ds max. diffuseTexture exist and you can modify with Babylon.

I think your problem is here. Babylon when exporting your model, it exports it finds as texture, if there is not, it does not create fields textures.

Ok, I found the solution which was very very stupid ... Misuse method parameters ... Normal texture and dynamic texture.

For a normal texture :

// Wrong: mesh.material.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.Texture("./index.png", scene, true, false);mesh.material.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.Texture("./index.png", scene);

For a dynamic texture

// Wrong// mesh.material.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture("Skin", 1024, scene);// ---// mesh.material.diffuseTexture.update();mesh.material.diffuseTexture = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture("Skin", 1024, scene, true);// ---mesh.material.diffuseTexture.update(true);

I feel really stupid, but thank you very much for your help.

• 3 years later...

Hello @Iwaa-kun I have the same job for replace texture dynamically but on PBR GlTF loader,

This my code: 

var meshes = scene.meshes;
for(var i=0, len=meshes.length; i < len; i++){
     if (meshes.material) {
          meshes.material.albedoTexture = new BABYLON.DynamicTexture('assets/JRO_Copper_02/lambert1_baseColor.jpg', 2048, scene);
          meshes.material.albedoTexture.update();
     }
}

It load fine, but the texture is has inversed RGB color, any idea @Pierre Glibert ?

thanks to babylonJS team and everyone for this thread.

• 1 year later...