Cocoon JS Sound Issues

Ninjadoodle

Hi guys

I've been playing with Cocoon Js trying to get my game ready for devices, but I'm having troubles with the sound.

- Music/Sound On/Off buttons don't work (i'm assuming this is a Cocoon issue as they work perfectly well on the web).

- Cocoon Js only seems to play one Sound Effect at a time, if you try to play a second one, it just doesn't play.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and whether there might be any solutions?

Thank you heaps in advance!

I have ported several apps with cocoonjs to ipad and android. (Unfortunately they were not programmed in panda but

CocoonJS had support for multichannel sound and i have had it working in my apps just fine without any extra ajustments.

If you want to I can run a quick test for you with panda in my environment.

Hi @Stephan

Thank you for your offer. I'll try and play around some more, so not to waste your time :)

If I still can't get it working, I will put a little test together.

Did you by any chance manage to make On/Off sound/music buttons that work?

Right now, if I click mine (which work on the web), the code obviously crashes somewhere, as their tweens don't complete and they just remain de-pressed without the sound changing.

Thank you again!

Hi @enpu

I've tried with the latest develop version and still the same issue.

I've had a look into Cocoon JS some more and it seems that this problem only occurs with Canvas+ (it works with Webview+)

The message from Ludei says - "Canvas+ can only render HTML5 canvas elements" not sure whether this is relevant?

Sorry, I'm new to this whole wrapper thing :(

Here is the on/off code I use (works on web and in webview+)

buttonMusic.click = buttonMusic.tap = function() {            buttonMusic.scale.set(0.75, 0.75);            game.tweenEngine.stopTweensForObject(buttonMusic.scale);            if (game.audio.musicVolume > 0) {                game.audio.setMusicVolume(0);                buttonMusic.alpha = 0.5;                game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, {x:1, y:1, alpha:0.5}, 250, {delay:0, easing:'Back.Out'}).start();            } else {                game.audio.setMusicVolume(1);                buttonMusic.alpha = 1;                game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, {x:1, y:1, alpha:1.0}, 250, {delay:0, easing:'Back.Out'}).start();            }        }        buttonSound.click = buttonSound.tap = function() {            buttonSound.scale.set(0.75, 0.75);            game.tweenEngine.stopTweensForObject(buttonSound.scale);            if (game.audio.soundVolume > 0) {                game.audio.setSoundVolume(0);                buttonSound.alpha = 0.5;                game.scene.addTween(buttonSound.scale, {x:1, y:1, alpha:0.5}, 250, {delay:0, easing:'Back.Out'}).start();            } else {                game.audio.setSoundVolume(1);                buttonSound.alpha = 1;                game.scene.addTween(buttonSound.scale, {x:1, y:1, alpha:1.0}, 250, {delay:0, easing:'Back.Out'}).start();            }        }

Can you try this with latest develop branch:

buttonMusic.click = buttonMusic.tap = function() {    buttonMusic.scale.set(0.75, 0.75);    game.tweenEngine.stopTweensForObject(buttonMusic.scale);    if (game.audio.toggleMusic()) {        buttonMusic.alpha = 0.5;        game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    } else {        buttonMusic.alpha = 1;        game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    }}

Hmm should not crash, you tried like this?

buttonMusic.click = buttonMusic.tap = function() {    buttonMusic.scale.set(0.75, 0.75);    game.tweenEngine.stopTweensForObject(buttonMusic.scale);    if (game.audio.toggleMusic()) {        buttonMusic.alpha = 0.5;        game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    } else {        buttonMusic.alpha = 1;        game.scene.addTween(buttonMusic.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    }}buttonSound.click = buttonSound.tap = function() {    buttonSound.scale.set(0.75, 0.75);    game.tweenEngine.stopTweensForObject(buttonSound.scale);    if (game.audio.toggleSound()) {        buttonSound.alpha = 0.5;        game.scene.addTween(buttonSound.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    } else {        buttonSound.alpha = 1;        game.scene.addTween(buttonSound.scale, { x: 1, y: 1 }, 250, { easing:'Back.Out' }).start();    }}

Hi @enpu

Sorry, I missed a variable name change, that was causing the crash. It works now :)

Is there a way to check whether the music / sound is off / on?

I need to set the sound button graphics to off or on when changing scenes and I used to check whether the sound volume was 0, but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

Thank you very much for adding these methods!!