Use the phaser in a specific canvas element

dluz

Hello everybody! First congratulations on this forum! He has helped me a lot with phaserJs. I work with developing educational materials to Moodle and am trying to use the phaser in my applications. I would like to know how to write in a specific canvas element using the PhaserJS. That is, I can write in a predefined Canvas element?

I really did not want to use the Canvas ... but in Moodle, which is the environment we work here, provides only a html editor field, when I call the phaser in this environment, it appears within the page and not the specific html space ... Since the Canvas, moodle easily recognize. Thanks for the reply.

Hi,

When you use Phaser.Game to create your game, you can pass a pre-existing canvas element in the arguments:

Game(width, height, renderer, parent, state, transparent, antialias, physicsConfig)

Where "parent" should be the id of your canvas.

More details here: http://docs.phaser.io/Phaser.Game.html

Hope that was what you were looking for!

I don't understand what's wrong by Phaser creating a custom canvas for you. You call Phaser.Game giving it a dom element id, and it places the canvas there.

So you add this to your html

<div id="game-area"></div>

and call Phaser.Game

new Phaser.Game(640, 480, Phaser.AUTO, 'game-area');

This will create a canvas within the '#game-area'

So are you saying this is not possible using moodle, If not explain your problem more please.