List of games using Babylon?

DonnyV

I've gone through most of the tutorials. BabylonJS so far looks like the best 3D WebGL game framework I've seen.

So its kind of confuses me why I can't really find any finished games that use it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. 

If you guys could list some that would be great. Is this framework being used alot or is it just not popular? 

Also my goal is to build an RTS game. Does anyone have any RTS game examples using Babylon?

Thanks

Hi DonnyV, welcome to the forum.  Good to have you with us!

That's an interesting question, but is there long lists of completed games for ANY webGL framework? 

This is a rather new technology.  Maybe YOU will become famous as one of the early pioneers of RTS webGL games.  But, others are working on things as well.  Not all of them are in a hurry to give away their code.  Some are hoping to do commercial ventures.

ThreeJS framework has been around awhile, and due to its quality and massive demos by MrDoob, AlteredQualia, and Professor Stemkoski, has a fine following.  But ThreeJS has a slightly different purpose than BabylonJS.  ThreeJS is a "thorough" framework.  It tries to cover all the bases (create a tool for every needed possibility), and in doing that, it has become overweight and has a steep learning curve, in my humble opinion.  But, it is VERY powerful.

BabylonJS is much sleaker, and does not include rarely-needed things in its core framework.  AND, it has eliminated some unnecessary steps found in ThreeJS.  To get to the point, BabylonJS is smaller, faster, easier, and if you need something "fancy", BabylonJS has left the door WIDE OPEN to write your own custom JS or shader... to get "rare things" accomplished just fine.  So, in a way, ThreeJS is a powerful utility tractor with tons of features built-in, and BabylonJS is a Ferrari with tons of "connectors" where you can add ANY custom feature.

Ok, back to your questions... no, BabylonJS is not as popular as it should be.  But if you take a moment to investigate it, you will find yourself saying "wow!" very very often.  Do we have completed games?  Some, but not many.  I don't have a list.  But if you take a look at the BabylonJS main website, you will see many demos that are real close to being games, and ACP Assassin's Creed Pirates... is a game, and a gorgeous one... considering it's all webGL. 

The Train Demo is another "wow!" demo, inches from being a game.  Hill Valley is wonderful, ready to become a game.  Viper, Spaceship, and Omega Crusher, all perfectly poised to become games.  "Third party" section has great game-starters like Evasion, Light Speed Ready, Drift, and a few others.

Temechon and Davrous have done many game things, and Dad72 has built a powerful game-making system.  Lots of others are beginning game projects, and/or have been working on them for some time and have been secretly developing them under the covers.  :)  BabylonJS is a great framework, with excellent people involved, and authors and contributors who are helpful and quite new-feature accomodating.

No, you won't find people here that will write your game FOR you, but you WILL find it to be a great environment to write your game "around".  The BJS framework is very fast, easy, and has very few limitations.  You might not find the special tool you need, but you will ALWAYS find the way to create that special tool, and some friendly help in how to get started writing it.  The forum is great, the people are great, and the framework is great.  How's your creativity and enthusiasm?  :)

Again, welcome, DonnyV.  Be well.  I hope you build with BJS, and hang around with us on the forum, here.  Whatever you need to get done, BJS will not stand in your way, and it will assist in MANY ways.  Now, as for JS or webGL capabilites, that's another story.  :)

@wingnut I absolutely agree about the "Oh wow" factor. I just went through some of the advance tutorials and couldn't believe the

sweet physics engine it supported. Plus the ability to use video as a material. I'm shocked this framework isn't one of the top

gaming frameworks. I will be tweeting about this framework as much as possible and doing my part to get the word out.

Just found the api doc. You guys should list that under the "Documentation" section on the Github page.

I've been a C# + javascript developer for 10+ yrs doing GIS development. Hoping to finally make a game after all these years of talking about it.

You have a great community here hoping I can contribute a little. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've gone through most of the tutorials. BabylonJS so far looks like the best 3D WebGL game framework I've seen.

So its kind of confuses me why I can't really find any finished games that use it. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. 

If you guys could list some that would be great. Is this framework being used alot or is it just not popular? 

Also my goal is to build an RTS game. Does anyone have any RTS game examples using Babylon?

Thanks

I'm just starting a RTS game with babylon, want to team up with ideas?