Car Jump: the game you were waiting for

remvst

logo.png

Okay guys, here is what I did yesterday, just for the challenge: Car Jump.

carjump_thb01.png carjump_thb02.png carjump_thb03.png carjump_thb04.png

Car Jump is probably the most complex HTML5 game ever made. Its gameplay, its mechanics, its concept are far more complex than anything you've seen before.

It is also a technical beast, since it uses nothing but the latest technology to render very complex animations and special effects. It might be released on PS4 and Xbox One as well, if they are powerful enough to run it.

Last but not least, the story was written by top writers.

It may take some time to understand the whole gameplay, but I'll try to explain it though.

First things first, you land on the main menu. There, you have several choices, like Play, Leaderboard, or More games. What I would recommend is to start by clicking the play button. Then you'll see if you want to click on the other buttons, if you're up to it.

Okay so now you see a wonderfully-drawn character, in the middle of the road. You have to understand that you do not control this character, but he is you, and you are him. This is a very intense game, so you have to be a part of it, not just play it.

After a few seconds, a car will appear. This is where it becomes quite technical: when you see a car, you will have to jump. But how to jump? Good question. There are two possibilities: if you're playing on a mobile device, you will have to delicately put your finger on the screen and then remove it, but if you're playing from a computer, you will have to use a little device called a mouse. If you don't have one, buy one. As I said, the game uses the latest technology.

Once you've jumped over the car, you may think the game is over,  that you've saved the princess, blah blah blah. NO! Be careful, a second car will be coming, and then a third, and a fourth... and so on, and so forth until one of them crushes you, and spreads your guts all over the road. Then you will have earned the right to try again, to make a better score. You have probably never played a game so intense.

I hope you have understood the basics. Once you've mastered them, you will be able to learn the more advanced technics.

Play this wonderful game now

I'm not sure I'm ready for a game of this impressive technological magnitude yet, is there a series of training techniques you can advise me on before partaking in such a groundbreaking entertainment marvel?

Maybe our HR department can try to recruit professional trainers. I understand the complexity of the game can be mindblowing at first, so we'll look into it.

We like to push games to the next level, so it would be a shame anyone missed such a great opportunity to experience it.

I liked it. It's actually quite tense and a good test of reflexes. You did this in one night? Well tonight make a version where you are driving the car and you have to hit the guy!

The idea is not bad, but I hardly see how it could be done, in terms of gameplay/controls :(

Btw, the high quality soundtrack was generated using this tool.

(oh and even I was surprised when I first put the sound, forgot to turn down the volume :P )

Very nice minimalist game.  I like the feel.   I'm glad to hear that SFMaker was used, and in doing so has clearly carved out its place within "the new generation of games."    A game like this with such an advanced and complicated soundtrack really pushes the tool to its limits.

My current high score is 933.   Someday, I will break 1000.

btw did any sponsor bought this already?

I'm not sure if they would like it, but as I said in another topic, I have never contacted any sponsor by myself. If they like what I'm doing, they are free to contact me.

I may add it on MarketJS, just to see what it can generate, but atm I've got 3 other games to finish, so I just focus on them ;)

I'm glad you guys like it, but it's a bit disappointing to see that a game made in one night for fun will be more successful than other games on which I have spent months ^^

Btw, just made 1,565, feels way easier with the keyboard :)