Transparency color

luka_friend

Hi!

Does anybody know if there is a way to set color of the plane to transparency?

If i set hex value of plane to "#80FFFFFF" (should have 50% transparency) it just becomes black. How can I set not to have background color only BLACK text. Or if I set alpha value to transparent, everything becomes transparent. But I want only transparent background.

You can see the problem in the picture (white rectangle - on which text is on is my problem): 

post-11698-0-63514000-1418066301.png

Hello luka_friend,

Have you tried to use the different parameters you can find in BABYLON.StandardMaterial ? Like :

myMaterial.diffuseTexture.hasAlpha = true;or / andmyMaterial.useAlphaFromDiffuseTexture = true;instead of myMaterial.alpha

Otherwise, can you reproduce your problem in the playground if these parameters don't work ?

Thanks

http://playground.babylonjs.com/#O4OXG#4

Notice the outputplaneTexture.hasAlpha = true;  on the outputplane texture (which is also its diffuseTexture as Luaacro has pointed-out).  Also notice the "transparent" as the last parameter in the drawText commands.

No promises, here.  I'm not very proficient at these CanvasRenderingContext2D things, but, it gets you rolling.

Oh my God. You have no idea how much you have helped me. I was stuck with this problem. 

I can only say thank you, but it cannot express my gratitude enough. I have tried both of your solution (Luaacro and Wingnut) and bot of them actually worked. Unfortunately by the time I logged in back to forum, there were already both of your replays - and I can only thick one of you answers as solved. I have choosen Luaacro, because he was the first one (don't resent me Wingnut).

Thank you both (both of your solution work)!