CrossCode Demo (Crowdfunding started!)

RadicalDude

header-impactjs1.png

2 years ago we released the TechDemo for CrossCode and today is the day. The day we proudly release the first real Demo! It’s demo time. CrossCode demo time!

Find the demo here:

www.cross-code.com

You can play CrossCode in your browser or download a standalone version for windows and play it offline!

Trailer

Trailer.png

Features

CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genre, delivering both, a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.

Here's a quick overview of the features:

• 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
  • A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation JRPGs
  • A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
  • A fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and great variety of special attacks.
  • A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
  • A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision

Story

You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds - a fictional MMO of the far future. Lea is quite the strange player: she can't speak and she doesn't remember anything about herself. Yet still, Lea starts exploring CrossWorlds, meets other players and overcomes a multitude of challenges all along the official track of the game. That is, until the past catches up with her. 

Screenshots

feature-story.pngfeature-balls.pngfeature-combat-2.pngfeature-elements.pngfeature-rpg.pngfeature-awesome.png

Soundtrack

If you just want to listen to the soundtrack, check out Intero's Soundcloud Page

Crowdfunding

CrossCode is on IndieGogo right now to rise funds! Go check it out:

indiegogo-logo.png

Have fun playing the game! And yes, this is all done with web technologies! 

Cheers!

Cool news. I got my eye on the project from the versy start. :)

And i just played the demo ... and something unfortunate happened after the "bad guy" came to the ship and pull over Lea the game went to white screen, and loading and the music continue to loop.

Beside that bug report 

I love the art, the story, the gameplay and the characters. 

I'm clearly a fan.

p.s.

I'm kind-a sad about the crash, is there any way I can start the story from some checkpoint. :P

You can PM me with some local storage hack or something to use for loading. :)

Sad to hear that :/ I assume this was a problem with loading the map from the server because at this point a new map should be loaded. You didn't save until then? You can also skip cutscenes via the Pause menu (ESC, START on the controller). Giving out a local storage is not that easy as we don't save each slot one by one. 
Also, try out the offline version! There you don't have the long loading times :) 

Cheers and thanks for playing

• 2 months later...