Hello all,

I would like to show my finished web game - NessBots!

In this game you design and code a robot (in JavaScript), and send it out to fight challenges and other players. This is a programming game/challenge.

You can check it out here:

www.nessbots.com

you can check it out without registration (a mini-sandbox in the main page), but registering is very simple and easy and don't even require a real email (no confirmation), so please register to have to full experience of creating a bot!

I'd love to get some feedbacks and opinions about the game.

thanks!  :)

post-4701-0-99260000-1376257340.jpg

post-4701-0-36563500-1376257343_thumb.jp

Nice. I can see this being used to learn programming. In school we had this strange tool which would basically do the same as this game here. Though it had a much simple syntax. Might be an idea to make this one here more accessible. The event code looks really hard to read (especially the underscores). I think you should simplify the code a bit so people can get into the game faster. 
I would suggest removing the word register for each callback. Of course I don't know the code but wouldn't be this here much easier to read and understand?

Events.OnIdle(function() {		// Will be called when bot is idle	});

Maybe even remove the funtion()-word (But this could prove difficult, I can see that :D). 

hi guys,

thanks for the feedback! :)

My bot is the strongest.

Bot._BotPtr.__OwnerBot.Immortal = true;

:P

edit: Forgot to actually say how great the game is. Pretty fun looking good, great concept.

+5 for code exploration ;)

it will work in the sandbox but in real battles on the server it runs differently so it won't work. nice idea thought :)

Nice. I can see this being used to learn programming. In school we had this strange tool which would basically do the same as this game here. Though it had a much simple syntax. Might be an idea to make this one here more accessible. The event code looks really hard to read (especially the underscores). I think you should simplify the code a bit so people can get into the game faster. 
I would suggest removing the word register for each callback. Of course I don't know the code but wouldn't be this here much easier to read and understand?

Events.OnIdle(function() {		// Will be called when bot is idle	});

Maybe even remove the funtion()-word (But this could prove difficult, I can see that :D). 

thanks for the feedback.  you are right, those functions are too long and annoying, I will change them next time I'll update the code :)