Multiplayer Card Games - Spades, Hearts and Go Fish

Sembiance

Hello everyone!

For the past several months I have been working on a new HTML5 web game.

It is called World of Card Games and can be found here: http://worldofcardgames.com

It is a collection of popular multilpayer card games such as Spades, Hearts and Go Fish.

Here are some screenshots:
screenshot.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

Currently it has the following features:
  • Guided tutorials for each game
  • Robot players
  • Private tables
  • 8 decks
  • 90+ wallpapers
  • 100+ avatars

I still have lots of things I want to add in the future. Such as:
  • New Games: Euchre, Rummy, Whist, Canasta and more
  • New Features: Statistics, ratings, sound, leaderboards and more

I would greatly appreciate any bug reports, comments or suggestions :)

Thanks!

Awesome and congrats! Very nice work you have there. I love the card animations. Did you build this all from scratch or uses a certain engine/framework?

Thanks! I use YUI3 to animate things, but the card engine and rules and back end are all written from scratch.

On the server side is Node.js using websockets (sockjs) for communication to the browser.

Very very nice ! Do you plan to open your code in some way for developers to add new card games ?

Thanks! I built the whole thing as a multiplayer card game "engine" so it's pretty easy for me to add a new game.

Some day I do want to allow other people to create their own card games. Being JavaScript on both client and server means it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to allow people to code up their own games.

That will take some work though, as I need to make a stricter/cleaner API, think about security concerns (sandbox?), etc. However it is something I would like to do some day.

As far as open sourcing all of the code, I currently don't have any plans to do it, but maybe some day :)

oh wow.. you should post this on the YUI3 forum. that's particularly good news for me, because I'm working on a social game (contract work) about opening a virtual shop and decided to use YUI3 as well. I haven't found anyone working on games with YUI3 so it was a bit discouraging at first but eventually I decided to just use it since it fits my needs. Seeing your work makes me more confident :D.

I hope the game spreads well :). I've tried 'go fish' with several bots, it was quite nice.. although I lose every single session (haha I suck). May I ask, are you planning to monetize or leave it as is?

Cheers!

oh wow.. you should post this on the YUI3 forum. that's particularly good news for me, because I'm working on a social game (contract work) about opening a virtual shop and decided to use YUI3 as well. I haven't found anyone working on games with YUI3 so it was a bit discouraging at first but eventually I decided to just use it since it fits my needs. Seeing your work makes me more confident :D.

I hope the game spreads well :). I've tried 'go fish' with several bots, it was quite nice.. although I lose every single session (haha I suck). May I ask, are you planning to monetize or leave it as is?

Cheers!

YUI3 works great for games that are DOM based. My next game will be WebGL and I don't plan on using YUI at all for that game. I've been using YUI for over 6 years now. My previous web game used YUI2.

As for monetizing it, I've thought about what I might do some day, if it gets popular, but I won't do any monetizing at all unless it becomes popular enough that monetizing will be worth it. Regardless of how popular it becomes or not, I'll be keeping it online :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We are a virtual gaming platform focused on travel and culture. We are looking for game developers who can license games to us, however said games need to be customizable by us ie we need the ability to skin them in accordance to our platform and style.

Please contact me for any questions or details you may want to share with us.
cleardot.gif
Shiven Malhotra

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/8/2018 at 6:34 AM, Sembiance said:

Greetings

I stopped running the site a few years ago and gave it to a friend of mine to run. So I no longer have any direct say in what games are added. You may wish to contact her. Her e-mail is at the bottom right hand corner of the website.

hi please contact me

I want fish game 2 player and 4 player i have my whatspp number +923015990546

telegram and ,messenger