[WIP] My very first attempt at phaser

PMayhem

Screenshot.png

http://projectmayhem.co.uk/sandbox/santa/santa.html

So I wanted to try my hand at some gaming dev.

My 3 yr old son has just started getting the hang of some simple platformers so I decided to make something seasonal for him.

Got a long list of things to finish but so far I've got the hang of the fundamentals, tilemaps/spritesheets/collisions.

Things to do:

loading and start screen

object/present collection and points scoring

detect snowball-player and enemy-player collisions

determine best sizing/ratio (sorry it's so small, but works best that way with the chrome debugger panel open)

parallax background - I had this working initially when the background was one huge image, since I moved across to using a tileset layer I cannot seem to get the same effect.

scoreboard/leaderboard - something with a Mysql db that won't take me long to knock up.

+add more levels!

*UPDATE*

http://projectmayhem.co.uk/sandbox/santa/santa.html

Sorry about the blank screen, it was probably just taking a while to load but I've figured out splash/loading screens now.

New version is now online, still need to iron out a few bugs, the enemy die animation is not clearing properly.

And also I've yet to figure how to get all snowmen to fire snowballs simultaneously. Currently only the first snowman fires. It's not throwing any errors and as far as I'm away it should be looping through each snowman in the group grpSnowmen and calling a shoot function.. hmm weird. 

• 1 month later...

Late response but I really love this game and your reason for making it.

The movement of the snowflakes is really nice and the retro style. It almost reminds me of an old Amiga gamed called James pond which I loved when I was young.

If I had to criticize, I would maybe try to do something about floating above rounded corners. The enemies exploding seems a bit off to me as well. Maybe they could turn into a pile of snow in an explosion of mist or flakes rather than fire? All the same, fantastic job.