True Valhalla

HTML5 Income Report - December 2016 ($5,165 profit)

Seriously? He makes nearly 90k a year and you think a slow month is something to make you uncomfortable? I don't understand why you'd think that, some months are good, some months are not as good. If you look at the big picture though, wouldn't you call it a successful year? 

Seriously? He makes nearly 90k a year and you think a slow month is something to make you uncomfortable? I don't understand why you'd think that, some months are good, some months are not as good. If you look at the big picture though, wouldn't you call it a successful year? 

Not to be snarky but no, $90k a year isn't even a livable salary for me. When mindless, mid-level ASP.NET stuff pays $125k, anything less is hobby-level. But if anybody can tell me they'll pay $25,000 a *month* I'll quit right now and come work for you.

it's 90k earnings, not benefits. We don't know what are the expenses, profit splits, business taxes, etc. So if 90k is a salary it's good but if it's what your company earns in a tier1 country, it's not that much.

Not to be snarky but no, $90k a year isn't even a livable salary for me. When mindless, mid-level ASP.NET stuff pays $125k, anything less is hobby-level. But if anybody can tell me they'll pay $25,000 a *month* I'll quit right now and come work for you.

While it's definitely true you could do something like ASP.NET and earn a lot more, would you rather be earning a lot or earning less and doing something you enjoy? If you're only interested in it for the money then off course it would be better to work the usual 9-5 job but personally I'd rather not but that's just me.

Interesting read. HTML5 is getting harder for me too. I don't want to sound like a copycat, but I've been also thinking about starting to work on a big platformer game for mobile and rely on sales instead of licensing.

I've been thinking in these problems too. These days is very difficult to sell a mini-HTML5 game. All sponsors now want app-like quality content. Easy or fast money with simple games is not a easy path as it was in 2012. There are also a lot of good examples of indie devs earning good money with more "serious" games in Steam/Consoles or even in app stores.

I've been thinking in these problems too. These days is very difficult to sell a mini-HTML5 game. All sponsors now want app-like quality content. Easy or fast money with simple games is not a easy path as it was in 2012. There are also a lot of good examples of indie devs earning good money with more "serious" games in Steam/Consoles or even in app stores.

The dark side of the coin is that for every indie success there are dozens of indie failures, but nobody knows about them.

As they say, luck is not good business plan.

The dark side of the coin is that for every indie success there are dozens of indie failures, but nobody knows about them.

As they say, luck is not good business plan.

Agree. There are no easy money or success. Diversify income streams is the only way to survive in the market. May be very difficult earn money in app stores by yourself, but, if you does not try, you'll never know if that strategy is a viable path for you.

New online income report for April 2015 »

This is my first 5-digit profit of the year, and it also marks 3 years in business!

Thank you for your report.

I want to ask, Do you sell just games and skins from this page (http://www.truevalhalla.com/blog/buy-html5-games/)? non-exclusives? Are your html5-income only from them?

Not all of my games are publicly listed, so there are games that are not known to everyone. But I make the majority of my income from simple games, yes.

Also, please don't steal content from my website...I sent you an email :/

Can you elaborate more of your HTML5 sponsorship income, like how much did you get for non-exclusives or exclusive license?

Thanks for the report  :)

I'm not currently planning to separate these parts of my HTML5 sponsorship income. It's a breach of client privacy, in my opinion, to share exactly how much they have paid for exclusive content.

I think perhaps the intended question was 'how much of your stated monthly income was from exclusive license sales, and how much of it was from non-exclusives'. Not 'how much did a given client pay you for a specific deal'

I think perhaps the intended question was 'how much of your stated monthly income was from exclusive license sales, and how much of it was from non-exclusives'. Not 'how much did a given client pay you for a specific deal'

yes this :)