Road Safety. My variation of Frogger.

Smrdis

Hi.

We almost finished our new game. 

Road Safety: http://hypnocatstudio.com/roadsafety

If there is any native English speakers, could somebody help me with tutorial texts please? I translated it from Russian using google translate and my Engrish, probably texts are very poorly %).

post-6091-0-59029400-1419167419.jpg

post-6091-0-91870000-1419167419.jpg

post-6091-0-01561500-1419167419.jpg

I'll be grateful for any feedback.

Well polished game with nice graphics (especially  when played on mobile). I came to 25th level and I had to restart some levels to pass them but the real troubles started on 24th level.

BTW You must make good money off your games if you can afford to buy so many billboards with you logo along roads :D

Nice little game. Love the graphics and music.

Some grammar "fixes" (English isn't my first language but I've lived in Britain most of my life so hopefully I'll be able to give some advice)  :P

• First text tutorial: Instead of "Help people cross the roads and not die." maybe replace it with: "Help people cross the roads without dying"
  • Second text tutorial: Instead of "Tap or swipe humans to make them move forward." maybe use "Tap or swipe people to make them move forward." because "humans" sounds kind of weird but it's up to you. 
  • Third text tutorial: "To pass the level this number of people need to be saved."

​Also it wasn't very clear how to get three stars. I just assumed you had to get everyone or nearly everyone to safety to get three stars.

Good luck it's very nice game! :)

Well polished game with nice graphics (especially  when played on mobile). I came to 25th level and I had to restart some levels to pass them but the real troubles started on 24th level.

BTW You must make good money off your games if you can afford to buy so many billboards with you logo along roads :D

Thanks for feedback! Good idea about billboards. Does anyone want buy it :D

Nice little game. Love the graphics and music.

Some grammar "fixes" (English isn't my first language but I've lived in Britain most of my life so hopefully I'll be able to give some advice)  :P

• First text tutorial: Instead of "Help people cross the roads and not die." maybe replace it with: "Help people cross the roads without dying"
  • Second text tutorial: Instead of "Tap or swipe humans to make them move forward." maybe use "Tap or swipe people to make them move forward." because "humans" sounds kind of weird but it's up to you. 
  • Third text tutorial: "To pass the level this number of people need to be saved."

​Also it wasn't very clear how to get three stars. I just assumed you had to get everyone or nearly everyone to safety to get three stars.

Good luck it's very nice game! :)

Thanks for your help with texts. I really appreciate it.

About 3 stars system. You can get 1, 2 or 3 stars (no 0 stars option), so 1st star you get after complete level, 2nd star you get if nobody died, 3rd star you get if you spend less than 70% of time. 

Do I need to explain this in tutorial? What do you think?

Thanks for your help with texts. I really appreciate it.

About 3 stars system. You can get 1, 2 or 3 stars (no 0 stars option), so 1st star you get after complete level, 2nd star you get if nobody died, 3rd star you get if you spend less than 70% of time. 

Do I need to explain this in tutorial? What do you think?

I think it needs to be more clear how to get three stars without actually saying how to get three stars. It should just be obvious to the player that you need to complete it in a certain amount of time and get everyone to safety to get three stars. 

The first and third stars you've done a good job of implementing. Maybe you could implement something like this for the second: Instead of how many people you've saved out of how many you need to save, you have a percentage of how many people are left over the percentage you need to save to pass. At the start it will be at 100% obviously and as you lose people it will decrease. When it's at 100% a little gold star will be in the top right corner of the percentage to show that you'll get the third star. It's completed when all people are saved or dead. Whatever percentage you have at the end is then checked against the percentage needed to pass. Would this work?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I love your game ;) is it possible that I added to my site? If you are ok, I would write a nice article for my readers. I would need additional information such as a description, how you get the idea, how long for developement, what tools ... anything that is of interest to know. My site is French and I will take charge of the translation.
I hope to see you soon, thank you ;)

• 1 month later...