My Income Reports Blog - Updated for August

Solidus

Hey Guys,

I've decided to start following True Valhalla's suit and posting up my income reports to a site.  Let me know what information you would really like to see in these reports.

So far I only have one month.

I'm not currently monetizing the site so I hope this isn't viewed as some form of shilling :)

http://vetranomobile.com/

I will have a lot more information (pitfalls, successes, etc.) for this month of August.

August 26th, 2013 Update:

Hey guys, updated with my Leadbolt revenue over the past 2 weeks.

http://vetranomobile...e-html5-mobile/

Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm happy to answer them!

Please note the Bluehost and Leadbolt are referral links.  If you're not okay with that, don't use them  :)

No worries, I will be.

Last month was my first month in business.  I brought in $1900 from strictly non-exclusive licenses and that's the only number I have on there.  That is from 4 games.

CPM for Leadbolt?

Hi, i am curious

did you get your publishers from marketjs , clay.io or fgl?

I'm friends with The Swain from Newgrounds and it's very tough to make money on there.  He can still monetize it because he's one of the most well-known creators on the website, but otherwise... it's quite difficult.

How do you find them personally, out of curiosity? It feels to me that unless someone contacts you, it can be hard to tell which portals one should actually contact (e.g. I wouldn't think Newgrounds or Kongregate would be opening to paying to license a game when they have so many submissions from their ad-share models).

Yeah, I did the math and basically if I worked full time and made two games a week for Kongregate and Newgrounds, and they continued to be played at the same rate as when they were released, by the end of a year I'd still be making less than minimum wage from their combined advertising income. The best use for that kind of site seems like it'd be to distribute demo versions of a full pay-to-purchase game, with a 'click here to buy the full game' link built in. Or just to get people to be aware of you. 

But that still brings up the point, how do you personally find and contact sponsors? Is it mostly forum ads, or is it better to meet people in person at conferences, or do they contact you having seen your portfolio?

Hi Solidus.

Can you possibly share where did you started to look for sponsors? I am just about releasing some big game and I am still looking for point of start.

Is this forum enough source or you use something else?

Not looking for spoonfeeding here - just tips on where and how to start :)

Although I have done some searching separately from this forum, I use entirely the sponsors I found on this site :)

Hi Solidus.

Can you possibly share where did you started to look for sponsors? I am just about releasing some big game and I am still looking for point of start.

Is this forum enough source or you use something else?

Not looking for spoonfeeding here - just tips on where and how to start :)