[Panda 2] Kuru Panda

enpu

Very fun and smooth demo, great art and catchy music! :) Difficulty does seem kinda tough with the first few levels though, I suggest making the first 3 levels or so a lot easies, just to introduce you to the mechanics and different enemy types. I died 3 times in a row to the very first jumping-enemy, which is on the first level I believe.

Some may like the steep difficulty curve though, so listen to what some other people say to get some statistics first.

I like it even better now with the option to control movement, but the other mechanic was also interesting, so I am glad to see you kept it in bonus levels.

The main problem I have now is the jump mechanic after jumping on top, and killing, an enemy. I feel like should be able to jump at least once after doing this. When double jumping on an enemy, you are not even allowed to jump again until you touch the ground, but this feels unnatural to me, and I died to not understanding the jump mechanics more often than anything else.

I think hitting an enemy should reset the jump just as much as hitting the ground.

Great progress so far :)

Well, the gameplay is pretty smooth, but there's quite a few errors with graphics drawing. The scrolling clouds have a pixel of emptiness between them when they're moving, and occasionally this happens with tiles as well. Some of the enemies also will have this happen during certain frames of their animations. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it's mildly distracting, so you might want to look into it.

I know it's already been mentioned, but stomping on an enemy after double jumping should allow you to double jump again. Another minor complaint is that the hearts are lives rather than health. While there's nothing wrong with one hit deaths, as long as the game is built with that in mind, using hearts to represent lives is a bit of a problem, as most players will assume that they are health. You'd probably be better off just replacing it with a lives counter.

I get the same gfx issue as GravityGameInteractive describes (1 pixel vertical bar where clouds repeat, also on edge of 1 frame of the star animation) under IE11 on Win7, and I suspect it's a texture blending artifact.

It's a great game, agree with others that it could be easier on the first few levels especially as their are 3 lives and no continues.

Not sure about the name though. I can't be the only one that instantly thought of the brain wasting prion disease associated with cannibalism, can I? See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

• 4 weeks later...