BabylonHx 2.0

gamestudiohx

Hi,

for whatever reason all BabylonHx topics were moved to Haxe JS forum.

Anyway, BabylonHx 2.0 is on github and its a fresh (from scratch) port of

Babylon.js 2.0.0.

You can read original post about new version here, on the bottom of the page:

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/3269-babylonhx-haxeopenfl-port-of-babylonjs/

• 2 months later...

BabylonHx 2.0 is fixed and working great across platforms:  https://youtu.be/GTI-DOhvKuc

Almost everything works but some more work remains to be done.

Right now its powered by Snow , the next step is to make it work with OpenFL and after that,

the final step - to make it work with Kha - this should make it the most portable 3D engine in the world :)

Working version is here

This is definately worth evaluating.  I already have questions about HAXE tools, and happy to see that your foundation is encouraging developers to learn more and are available to answer questions - especially for newbies.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure.

First step is installing Haxe compiler (obviously), and you'll have to install version 3.2.0.rc2 (not final version and still in testing, but it should work ok).

That will also install Haxe library manager "haxelib" which you will use to install necessary libs.

First install runtime files for c++ backend for Haxe - HXCPP, execute from command line:

haxelib install hxcpp

After that, install Lime library by executing from cmd line:

haxelib install lime

When Lime is installed you'll have to install dev tools for each platform you wish to build BabylonHx for, 

so if you want to build for Windows you should run this from cmd line:

haxelib run lime setup windows

This will start download process of VisualStudio 2010 (I think) and it will install and setup everything for you.

And for every other platform the process is the same, for example android:

haxelib run lime setup android

It will download android sdk/ndk and Ant (and java sdk if you don't have it already). You should accept default locations that installer will offer.

For web (js) target you don't have to install anything.

Finally, you have to install two libs that are used in BabylonHx, "poly2trihx" and "msgpack-haxe":

haxelib install poly2trihx

haxelib install msgpack-haxe

Now you should be ready to build BabylonHx. Download complete repo from https://github.com/vujadin/BabylonHx

navigate to folder where you have downloaded files and run from cmd line:

haxelib run lime run project.xml web

this should build "BasicScene" sample and run it in your browser.

You can build for windows/android by changing build target:

haxelib run lime run project.xml windows

haxelib run lime run project.xml android

BabylonHx is also compatible with Snow which is a library very similar to Lime and gives you access to OpenGL on various platforms.

Snow is not yet an official Haxe lib because its still in development so you'll have to install it from github like this:

haxelib git snow https://github.com/underscorediscovery/snow.git

then you'll have to install Flow which is a build tool for Snow projects. Its also on github:

haxelib git flow https://github.com/underscorediscovery/flow.git

If you have previously installed Lime and then installed dev tools for android/windows, you should be ready to build for Snow by executing:

haxelib run flow run web

Again, this will build for js target and it will bring up your browser with "BasicScene" in it.

To build for android run:

haxelib run flow run android

That should be it. Binaries for Lime will be located in "bin_lime" folder and binaries for Snow are in "bin_snow" folder.

Hopefully I haven't missed any critical step, feel free to ask if you run into any problems.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have try follow the tutorial but my command line said that there had been no 'project.xml' file.

I predict causing the position of my project folder . so I try  navigate to folder where I had downloaded files .

Help me please.

Capture.PNG

• 1 year later...

babylonjs have become too cumbersome and its very hard to keep up with it. because of the nature of Haxe language and libraries I'm using to support all the targets I had to make some changes in internal structure of the engine to be able to keep the balance in performance across the targets. with some recent changes in babylonjs it is now very hard to keep this balance, the code can't be ported to Haxe that easy anymore - at least not without serious performance hit in some targets. I don't like what bjs have become, so its time to end babylonhx

12 minutes ago, gamestudiohx said:

babylonjs have become too cumbersome and its very hard to keep up with it. because of the nature of Haxe language and libraries I'm using to support all the targets I had to make some changes in internal structure of the engine to be able to keep the balance in performance across the targets. with some recent changes in babylonjs it is now very hard to keep this balance, the code can't be ported to Haxe that easy anymore - at least not without serious performance hit in some targets. I don't like what bjs have become, so its time to end babylonhx

Omg... how can ANYONE not like what BabylonJS has become... Its freakin awesome... I understand it may not be that easy to convert to haxe anymore... But it's the best freaking light weight web based 3D game engine ever...

but hey, to each his own... sorry to lose your support ?

So you don't like something I said... sorry I guess...

i realize not easy to convert to haxe...

but it was a really kool project... BabylonHx...

sorry to to see it go that's all...

sorry so confused... must be language difference... cause I don't get it... are you mad at something I said

In fact I think Nasimi is addressed has GameStudio for the response request. This is what is so confusing for you MackeyK24. You have done nothing wrong.

In reading the post, Nasimi offered his help GameStudio and had no answer. Then ping you MackeyK24 requesting a response, but I think he must make a mistake.

12 minutes ago, NasimiAsl said:

:D 

no  i need unlike your reply ( like unlike button )

because that is really hard to convert  because BJS run so fast and other (like babylonhx ) cant be update in same speed 

I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything... I luv BabylonJS... and really liked the BabylonHx concept... I realize it can't be maintained in haxe anymore... not trying to put anyone down or anything... again... just sorry to see it go.

i did not mean to offend anyone ?