Not as good as Car Jump...

latch

but in an attempt to siphon off some of it's success, one of my games does feature a car- Rocket Dodger.

One can play all my games on www.h5fun.com

or

One can download the Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=h5.fun

There are no cars or jumping in Canon Fodder or Irregular Pool, but I can't make every game a wannabe.

Please pretend that the acursed Car Jump doesn't exist when you look at my games.

\Capture.PNG

It looks like there is typo in your link.  I'm guessing it should be www.h5fun.com

Its a nice little game, and while it can't compete with Car Jump's minimalism, I think it is working well.   At first I was confused.  I thought the things other than rockets were people.  (Are they?)   Maybe I've played too much GTA, but I was certain I should run them all over.   Then I noticed I took damage for doing that and lost points.  Eventually I realized I could guide the rocket into them, and then I struggled to have a score that was not negative.

There were a number of long delays while loading where I was wondering if something was broken.  Eventually it loaded though.   It may be good to add something to make it clear it is loading.   I could see from the console the "Application Cache Progress", but even there I hit long hangs at some point and then another long one after "[Construct 2] Resuming".   I almost gave up because the screen was completely black and nothing was happening.

You have some nice music in the game over screen.  The gameplay itself has a limited set of sounds, and adding music there may make it feel more alive.

Sometimes when at the edge of the screen a rocket spawns pretty much on top of you and is impossible to avoid.

I think the game would be more fun if there was at least one more dynamic.  Maybe items that randomly appear that you can pick up for point bonuses or powerups?  

Anyway, good stuff.   I look forward to seeing more.

EDIT:  I just reloaded and realized there were directions I probably should have read.

<3 the title

Rocket Dodger is quite fun, maybe it would need a bit polishing, but the gameplay looked quite original.

It's the same for the others: the gameplay is here, but you could add more effects (particles, special effects, messages...) without changing the gameplay at all.

Hope this helps, keep posting your new games ;)

• 2 weeks later...