[Phaser] Tasty Carrot

Apelmon

First i saw and thought... why another puzzle... well at least the graphics are cute.

And I played till level 10... and it's cool the game is polished enough and there is some brain jiggle.

So greetings about the game and good luck with it.

First i saw and thought... why another puzzle... well at least the graphics are cute.

And I played till level 10... and it's cool the game is polished enough and there is some brain jiggle.

So greetings about the game and good luck with it.

Thanks for your first impressions.
Glad that you like the game.

Hi Apelmon,

I really love your game :) Not much I could give you a critic for, cause everything seems pretty smooth. Just a few things:

- have you planned to make it mobile. seems like a good concept for touch

- I would love to see the carrot disappear when I get there ... maybe an animation the rabbit eating it ;)

- the timer really stresses me, maybe skip one factor and make it slower?

Keep it going :)

Nice that you can do both code and art really good, congrats on a fine game!

The only thing that I felt was unnecessary was that you needed to press on both the rabbit and the carrot, shouldn't it be enough on just one of them?

*Edit: I noticed that your main track is 3.6mb in size, you really need to reduce it by a lot.

Nice game :) My remarks:

- SFX for beehive destroy and TNT explosion sounds like balloon burst (it sounds little strange)

- background clouds sometimes appear suddenly on the right side (don't flow out fluently from beyond the screen)

- I would stop background music loop when player fails. Then this short melody of failure would be more noticeable.

- I wouln't show so many digits in all these timers. It makes it unreadable. I think that e.g. 98.1 (with dot) would look much better than 9812 on the game screen and 009812 (! :D ) on the results board.

Hi Apelmon,

I really love your game :) Not much I could give you a critic for, cause everything seems pretty smooth. Just a few things:

- have you planned to make it mobile. seems like a good concept for touch

- I would love to see the carrot disappear when I get there ... maybe an animation the rabbit eating it ;)

- the timer really stresses me, maybe skip one factor and make it slower?

Keep it going :)

Hi Jack0815,
Yes. I think to add some new mechanics, to build new levels and make mobile version in future.
Thanks for advices. I'm going to work on timer and animation of the carrot.

Nice that you can do both code and art really good, congrats on a fine game!

The only thing that I felt was unnecessary was that you needed to press on both the rabbit and the carrot, shouldn't it be enough on just one of them?

*Edit: I noticed that your main track is 3.6mb in size, you really need to reduce it by a lot.

Very good, I agree with playtwice too about the size of the music and the need to click in the rabbit and in the carrot, but the game is very well done.

Yes, it could get by with just one press on the carrot or on the hare.
But I wanted to make user friendly gameplay where the hare and the carrot are interactive.
There are situations on some levels when passage to the carrot blocked, if the player is taps on the hare, the hare jumps once if he can.

I converted main track and now his size 1.4mb.
Thanks.

Nice game :) My remarks:

- SFX for beehive destroy and TNT explosion sounds like balloon burst (it sounds little strange)

- background clouds sometimes appear suddenly on the right side (don't flow out fluently from beyond the screen)

- I would stop background music loop when player fails. Then this short melody of failure would be more noticeable.

- I wouln't show so many digits in all these timers. It makes it unreadable. I think that e.g. 98.1 (with dot) would look much better than 9812 on the game screen and 009812 (! :D ) on the results board.

I fixed clouds already after your comment.
There were some problems with search SFX that is why sounds little strange, but I will try to solve this.
I will change timer to a simpler form too.
Thanks a lot for your feedback :) .

Finished level 20 on a laptop. I like the way you introduced the mechanics in a clear, well-paced way. The only thing I had to guess at was which things would be affected by TNT when there was an indestructible platform the left or right of the landing spot. But since the levels are short and there's infinite retries, it's easy to learn.

It was also kind of you not to let the bunny fall into a trap after the first hop - that saved me a couple times.

plays nice on my iphone4, i'm stuck at level5... will retry later, very nice game and polish.

Finished level 20 on a laptop. I like the way you introduced the mechanics in a clear, well-paced way. The only thing I had to guess at was which things would be affected by TNT when there was an indestructible platform the left or right of the landing spot. But since the levels are short and there's infinite retries, it's easy to learn.

It was also kind of you not to let the bunny fall into a trap after the first hop - that saved me a couple times.

First i saw and thought... wow cool another great puzzle! Well at least the graphics are very cute and clean.

I played till level 20. Great Game and Inspiration.

Very nice little puzzle game.

regards

odd

Guys, thanks for the nice words. I am very glad that you like the game  :D.

• 2 weeks later...