Babylon.js is fun, is the unity exporter a dream come true

benoit-1842

Hi Vousk,

No, the idea is to export from Unity to Babylon.js (like from Blender or 3DS Max). Lot of people are using Unity because it's cross-platforms but also mainly because it's very easy to use and have a huge assets online to start with.

Our idea is to export everything expect the Unity game logic (based on Mono): the complete scene with meshes, materials, lights, camera, spatial sounds & so on.

Babylon.js has been made for the web and has probably the best support for all platforms, including mobile. The Web developer could then build the scene into Unity and finish coding the game's logic in JS/TS via his favorite tools.

Bye,

David

Woah great !!

I also find that BJS is the best 3D support for multiplateform apps. It's never said enough that BJS ROCKS !!!

But since Unity can now export to WebGL, people starting to construct a scene in Unity will certainly also script it in Unity, don't you think ?

Anyway, for me it could lead to sweet opportunities to extend some already existing Unity projects by porting 3D parts to BJS. Love the idea !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi davrous,

I've just tested the Unity exporter with an object having a cubemap as reflexion map, there are some problems :

- the cubemap texture files are not exported, we need to copy them by hand

- the .babylon file also refers to a .cubemap unity file, the loader is trying to get it as a picture but it's not one, I'm pretty sure this file can't be used by BJS but the exporter referenced it in the produced .babylon file