Darkenlight MMO

stealman

Hello I would like to present here my latest iteration of one man made MMO. I am working on it hard but I am solo developer so it doesnt look too good. But it is working somehow.

I have figured out that on mobile phones it is somewhat sluggish with many charatcers on screen so I have decided to rewrite rendering with some js 2D library. I am thinking about pixy but It will cost several weeks of working as I am solo developer with other fulltime job .. You can imagine how much of a free time I have :)

I am afraid to spent that much time with no result, Could you someone give me some suggestion which library to use ? Or should I stick with plain canvas without any other 3rd party lib ? Maybe it couldnt go any faster but .. I am almost convinced that it could.

I would appreciate any other advice for my game as well

Link - darkenlight.net:8082/primeWeb

1. Click on "login as" label - that will log you in as Game Master account (nuber 1)

2. You could login as another test char by id 37 - 47

Features already done

- Fighting, inventory, all mathematics, chat, dead - rssucrection, full loot, mining/lumberjacking/fishing

- Much more features on server not yet implemented on client side

Thank you for all replies :)

Hello all .. I have tried that pixi library and it is working pretty well. I was able to maintain much better FPS without sacrificing any features so far. I dont have deployed it on my darkenlight hosting. I will let you know then, but is looks very promising.