solace

Wm0a9sR.png

Play Tower Storm

I'm trying a new take on the Tower Defense genre, making an easily accessible TD game you can play with friends either versus bots or each other. The game is made for 3 vs 3 games but less is fine too.

You build and upgrade towers as normal. Then you also send minions at your opponents defenses. You gain more income for every minion you send. 

There are smaller castles on the map on the way to your opponents base with 10 health each, when you destroy them your minions gain more health and speed (click on each castle to see how much). 

It currently works in all modern browsers and on recent android / iphone browsers too. I hope to port it to Android / iPhone as an app soon :)

Please let me know of any bugs / issues or if you have any suggestions or ideas on improving the gameplay smiley.gif I know the UI is pretty bad I'm just focusing on making the gameplay good for new.

-----

Update 07/06/2014 - Wow so much has changed in the last 10 months, it's about time this post got an update   :). The games graphics and UI have been completely changed. I'm now using PIXI.js as the renderer along with ImpactJS as the main engine (It actually wasn't too hard to integrate the two, I'll post a tutorial soon if anyone is interested). 

Minions now cost gold to upgrade instead of requiring you to collect souls. You can also have 20 souls available for all minions rather than only being able to send 5 of each minion type.

There are now 5 races each with 2 minions, you can send both your own and your allies minion types so you have 6 available but it's not always the same 6. 

Lastly we've put the mobile / tablet versions of the game on hold and are focusing purely on web for now as we found it too hard to optimize for all the various device. Plus the new version is much too slow on most devices without WebGL support due to having so many new graphics and effects

-----

Update 27/10/2014 - Another massive update, took a few months longer than expected unfortunately. Matchmaking is finally here! You can create a party of up to 3 people and find games vs other groups or solo players all over the world.

It also now has a much larger, more strategic and fun map, and chat between players. 

Performance issues have been fixed and a lot of towers and minions have had balance changes. Please let me know if you find bugs, have performance issues or feel some strategy is far too overpowered compared to the rest. 

Old Screenshot - 07/06/2014

P6rNX5c.png

Old Original Screenshot

hPKhLdW.png

Edited by solace

Hey All,

Sorry the bot server crashed the other day which is why you couldn't play with them. They are all good now :). I'm looking to add matchmaking soon, trying to make sure the gameplay is awesome first. 

And if anyone wants to play a game with me and some of my friends send me a tweet (@TowerStormGame) or jump in http://chat.towerstorm.com

Cheers, Solace

Pretty nice. I did experience a little lag where the people would stop moving but the music would keep going then everything would speed past when it unstuck. I was playing on Chrome on a laptop. 

With a little polishing I think you'd have a great game.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Really happy to hear people are enjoying the game :) I've been spending a ton of time refining and polishing the gameplay and all your suggestions are super helpful. 

@whirlibulf - Thanks! Glad you enjoy it :)

@Hutto - Ah that'd either be due to the servers cpu being overloaded or can also be caused by a flakey internet connection. What kind of connection were you playing on? 

@Oxoxx - Good idea, I'd love to have more maps, and a random generator would be awesome!

@txvyrush2 - Planning on having it on both :) I'm working on Android first then iPhone / iPad next as android is a lot easier to quickly iterate on without the approval wait times etc and I'd like it to be nice and polished before putting it out on iPhone  / iPad. 

• 2 months later...

Solace just tried the game on my iPhone 5 but the map was shrunk and not stretched to use the whole screen.

Attached screenshot of how I mean.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/1zba0hs.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2ni2rtk.jpg

Obviously they are much smaller than that on my screen.

Thought you should know.

Probably one of the better html5 tower defence games Ive seen.

How can I add it to my site?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Wow so much has changed in the last 10 months, it's about time this post got an update  :). The games graphics and UI have been completely changed. I'm now using PIXI.js as the renderer along with ImpactJS as the main engine (It actually wasn't too hard to integrate the two, I'll post a tutorial soon if anyone is interested).

Minions now cost gold to upgrade instead of requiring you to collect souls. You can also have 20 souls available for all minions rather than only being able to send 5 of each minion type.

There are now 5 races each with 2 minions, you can send both your own and your allies minion types so you have 6 available but it's not always the same 6. 

Lastly we've put the mobile / tablet versions of the game on hold and are focusing purely on web for now as we found it too hard to optimize for all the various device. Plus the new version is much too slow on most devices without WebGL support due to having so many new graphics and effects

I have just played the game.

It is really nice one - the server seems to be bit slow (it was lagging for me a bit) and there are seems to be few bugs, but if you can polish it and add matchmaking etc - it will be huge :D Good luck!

@TDMike - Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. We're giving up on mobile version for now as it's been too hard to test on all mobiles for each release and focusing on PC will allow us to get things like matchmaking and unit abilities out faster. 

@Funkyy - Thanks! By lagging do you mean it was freezing? Or just that when you sent units they took a long time to come out? Or was the actual FPS rate dropping (every bullet and effect would look like it was playing slower if this is the case)? 

@TDMike - Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. We're giving up on mobile version for now as it's been too hard to test on all mobiles for each release and focusing on PC will allow us to get things like matchmaking and unit abilities out faster. 

@Funkyy - Thanks! By lagging do you mean it was freezing? Or just that when you sent units they took a long time to come out? Or was the actual FPS rate dropping (every bullet and effect would look like it was playing slower if this is the case)? 

It was actually lagging - like playing some fps on very slow connection. It seemed there was a problem with server unless bots are served locally - then it was bug. Game "hanged" few times for ~5 seconds when more towers were placed.

I was playing it on pretty strong and html5 optimized laptop so this wasnt hardware issue...

• 1 month later...

@sergioreynel - Unfortunately the game is balanced around 3 vs 3 play so it's not very fun with just 2 people. I'm almost done on the next release which fixes a lot of the lag issues and also adds matchmaking so you and your friend can verse others around the world :)

Cheers, Soalce

• 3 months later...

Another massive update! :D Took a few months longer than expected unfortunately. Matchmaking is finally here! You can create a party of up to 3 people and find games vs other groups or solo players all over the world.

It also now has a much larger, more strategic and fun map, and chat between players. 

Performance issues have been fixed and a lot of towers and minions have had balance changes. Please let me know if you find bugs, have performance issues or feel some strategy is far too overpowered compared to the rest.