stauzs

ChangeLog - atlas and autocomplete

Hi,

tomorrow (February 18th)  following changes will be applied.

there might be small downtime approx (1 - 5 minutes)

* atlas:

- export to *.js(on) - assets will have correct atlas specified

- after atlas info update (upload new data file) - all objects will be updated and will show correct frames

- while creating new object from texture atlas ME will try to guess object name based on frame information

- panels will remember scrolling positions after switching tabs in the preview area

* source editor:

- autocomplete automatically will show up on typing

(you can disable it - MyMighty -> personalize -> SourceEditor -> autocomplete)

also you can alway call it manually - Ctrl + space

- "smarter" autocomplete + simple documentation

- source editor will start with index.html, play.js, menu.js, load.js files open

* map editor:

- shift + arrows - will move object by 10px instead of 1px. Notice that Ctrl + arrows - will make grid size jumps

* general:

- form now on all text files will have UTF-8 encoding

- treeViews now uses small thumbnails for the previews - should improve performance in general

thanks to everyone for reporting bugs and sharing ideas for improvements

Updating now works like a charm! Also good to show that little message telling its updating currently.

One little thing, it happens to me all the time. The asset preview panel is overlapping the side panel. I don't know how this comes.

Speakinig of the asset preview panel, I'd have a suggestion for improvement. All the different frames/sprites of a sprite atlas are now displayed next to each other in tabs. It would be more readable if they would be underneath each other. Maybe like a list on the left side of that panel.

Keep it up!

Henryk,

you can try to undock panel (just drag preview panel away) and then dock it back.

If your UI layout gets totally screwed - you can reset layout by clicking: MyMighty -> personalise -> reset layout button. 

It will reset all panel positions.

I'm aware that there are issues with panels - some day I'll get back on UI lib (I still have few nice features in mind regarding panels :) )

About previews: I've added issue as improvement to the github tracker - https://github.com/TheMightyFingers/mightyeditor/issues/24 - I'll check on it later.