Multiplayer Multiplied Zombie Shooter

ultimatematchthree

B-iBtY_CMAAbKfS.png

Hello everyone, some of you might want to look at a multiplayer demo that I've put together, you can find the game over at itch.io.

It was mostly inspired by a great Flash game classic called Cursor * 10 and Super Resident Raver, with art from Jesse Freeman's Zombie Pixel Art Pack.

The server side was built using Pomelo and the client using Phaser.

I'm currently putting together some write ups on how the game works and planning to make the source code available for those who want to see how it was put together. If you're interested, you can download a copy of a Phaser + Pomelo template which I extracted from this project, and I'll let you know when "How To Make A Multiplayer Zombie Shooter" become available (with a discount code at launch).

Hopefully someone finds the starter kit helpful! :)

Thanks! :) Pomelo is quite good I think. There's an initial learning curve of course (as with any other framework) and set up can be tricky on some platforms (Windows!). But I honestly think that any developer interested in multiplayer game development should at least give Pomelo a try.

One of the reasons why I put together the starter kit is to help other developers overcome the issues mentioned above. Even if you ultimately don't go with Pomelo, at least see how it does certain things and maybe you can apply those to a different framework or even to your own made-from-scratch multiplayer code.

Unless you're talking about other issues in particular?

• 1 year later...