Shadow version 2.1

Dad72

I do not know if this is a bug, but it looks like it. on the ground shadows are perfect. I'm really surprised at the quality of the shadows of the new filter.

against by the character who receive shadows and issues, there does not seem very good. i do not know why.

I do not see anything that would make the character receives shadows apart the light itself

Here are the results in picture:

Ok, but I prefer this new filter that is of very good quality (for the character).

This would not be possible to use a filter to an object and another filter to another object. this could be a solution.

I support the request for the new awesome soft shadows in combination with receiving shadows, I just ran into the same thing and was wondering whats wrong. Would be really cool if that worked :D

(for now I try the impostor workaround  - but that means I'll have every mesh twice and as soon as one mesh moves I have to update two meshes to keep the shadows working :-/ )

Hey, I have a strange question - I probably should be asking on it's own post, but it has to do with shadows...

Would it be possible to render shows in a vector-based way? Like raycasting less, and then connecting the points hitting the ground, then filling?

It may end spiky, but it would be a clean cut instead of pixilly :3

No it does not help because any increase above 0 'bias' that my shadows on the ground are not correct.

What's weird is that it is the light that makes the character receives a shadow on itself and not a mesh (tree, pole ...). I do not understand that the character receives a shadow, or he should not receive for it is not under or behind a mesh.