Gamedev IDE on the cloud with support for Phaser

Dovyski

Hey there!

First let me introduce myself. My name is Fernando, I am a long time Flash game developer who is one of the maintainers of Flixel Community. I've being willing to try Phaser for a while, but I think my start with it will be in an unusual way.

A few months ago I started working on a project called Codebot, an IDE focused on gamedev. Recently I shifted its development to make it available in the cloud, so Phaser became a perfect match for that endeavor. I am planning to add a project template related to Phaser, so anyone can easily open a new tab in the browser, create a project and have a Phaser game up and running in seconds.

Combining it with the features I am adding to the IDE, such as drag and drop to upload files, in-IDE assets finder, custom build and in-browser testing, I think Codebot can help the Phaser community, easing the entrance barrier for newcomers especially. Since no configuration is required, it will be a lot easier to try Phaser, all in the browser.

I would like your feedback on that. Do you think it is a good idea?

Here is an image of the IDE at the moment (follow the development here):

e344ebea-c5cd-11e4-800e-adfe8472884c.png