Farmyard Outbreak - a tactical twist on a traditional breakout clone

BarrytheBrave

Hey all, I'd like to share with you my first HTML5 mobile game, Farmyard Outbreak. I designed and bult it with the sole idea of offering it to mobile game portals. 

screenShot_FOB03.png

It's basically a breakout clone, but the bricks (monsters) travel down the screen, and you must protect your cows from them. It's game over if the ball hits the cow fence 3 times, or if the monsters reach either the fence or the player. There is also an emphasis on using the four power-ups available, and choosing the right time to do so!

I made the game using GameMaker Studio and I licensed True Valhalla's mobility engine to get the device scaling and orientation working properly. 

Whilst making the game I've been testing it on iPhone 4S and iPad 3 which work great, but I don't have access to any Android devices right now, so if anybody plays it on an Android I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know how well it works for you. Due to the amount of movement on screen I suspect that it won't run very well on older hardware, but that's no real surprise! 

It's also worth mentioning that I burned the candle at both ends to release this version of the game on time to meet the One Game A Month deadline, and as such it's possible there may be some small remaining bugs. I hope I've squashed them all already but if you do spot anything odd, again please let me know. I'll be refining and optimising it over the coming weeks before I even consider offering it to portals. 

Please click through and play, I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks. 

http://boomshack.co.uk/play/fob/FOB.html

PS if you decide to look around the rest of my website linked above note that it's currently just a mockup that I cobbled together with Twitter bootstap, and needs a lot of work!