Firefox OS device

iprasila

Thanks remvst , my idea is that if I implement a game directly on a low spec phone like the ZTE Open same game will run perfectly on a more powerful device (like iPhone 5c). Going the other way around could be problematic - if your HTML5 app runs OK on a powerful device there is no guarantee it will also run on Firefox OS. I've seen a lot complaints about the lack of performance of simple games on the Firefox Marketplace. My guess is that the developers have worked with a more performant hardware (or only with the simulator) in most cases.

BTW, nice review about your Geeksphone performance.

If you want to buy a Firefox OS phone, I'd recommend you to buy Alcatel One Touch Fire rather than ZTE Open. It's prettier, has better battery life, bluetooth 3.0 and more internal storage, according to Geekaphone. Alcatel is available globally on eBay. I have one and I'm happy with it.

If you want to buy a Firefox OS phone, I'd recommend you to buy Alcatel One Touch Fire rather than ZTE Open. It's prettier, has better battery life, bluetooth 3.0 and more internal storage, according to Geekaphone. Alcatel is available globally on eBay. I have one and I'm happy with it.

What about multitouch ? According to gsmarena it doesn't have multitouch http://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_one_touch_fire-5319.php .

Multitouch is bad on Firefox OS at the moment, when you're detecting from several DOM elements. Games which use the same DOM element for multi touch work fine, so it's software-related. Hopefully an update should fix it.

As long as the hardware allows it you can patch the code and improve the multitouch. Unfortunately Alcatel One Touch Fire doesn't provide multitouch at a hardware level.

Another problem with Alcatel One Touch Fire is the Ebay price ... at $180 is way to much for the phone quality.  ZTE Open is $80 which is a decent price for this device.

• 1 month later...

I've been developing games for Firefox OS and I'm in love! The development environment is the easiest in the world:

• Firefox Browser
  • Plugin
  • Test in Simulator
  • Cable to Phone
  • Test on Phone

A bit easier than earlier work I did on iOS and Android!

I'm writing a blog that alternates between reviewing games already written in the Firefox OS Store (Marketplace) and writing about HTML5 coding for Firefox OS. Right now I'm doing a series comparing CSS sprites, Canvas, and SVG.

Drop by my blog at http://firefoxosgaming.blogspot.com/

But the reason I'm posting is that I have been using a ZTE Open for a few weeks and I love it. It's the bottom line of Firefox OS phones, but that means if something works on that, it will work on better Firefox OS phones. I'm happy with the phone and the $79 was well spent (I got it on eBay and had my own SIM card). I've talked a little about it on my blog.

Essentially the ZTE Open works. It doesn't seem real fragile, but it's not built like a tank. Know you are getting a version 1 item and that there aren't a lot of well-known apps. But there's lots of games and I'm playing and reviewing them.

But LG has just come out with a Firefox OS phone in ... I think, Poland. Firefox is aiming its phones at 3rd world countries (what's the 2nd world?), so don't expect a cool phone like my Samsung Galaxy Note II or my iPhone 4. The fabulous aspect of Firefox OS is that you can get in on the ground floor, the development environment is the easiest to use (HTML5), and open source is cool!

I have the Alcatel and I'm happy with it. Here are some post about: http://p1x.in/fos#alcatel. As Bob Thulfram says it's very easy to develop and the fun too. I see we have the same opinion abut the platform :)

I'm making a game exclusively for Firefox OS (with future port for iOS) called Office People.

@remvst

just saw on your site that youre the maker of "Rooftops" (nice game btw), did you now its preinstalled on the german version of Alcatel One Touch Fire? :)

Edit: i was confused last night and im very sorry, only the games on screenshot where preinstalled, rooftops was installed via marketplace, again im very sorry :/

2013-11-01-16-08-29.png

are the developers of the other games also here on the forum?

@remvst

just saw on your site that youre the maker of "Rooftops" (nice game btw), did you now its preinstalled on the german version of Alcatel One Touch Fire? :)

Edit: i was confused last night and im very sorry, only the games on screenshot where preinstalled, rooftops was installed via marketplace, again im very sorry :/

2013-11-01-16-08-29.png

@remvst

2013-11-01-16-08-29.png

Wow, that means a lot of exposure! 

I developed a game called avoiderman, and I'm working on another one right now :) Wanna test it on your phone? I only tested on the Geeksphone Keon