[HTML5][Android] Nervous Breakdown (breakout)

SimplyApps

Hello,

Nervous Breakdown is a free breakout game (like Arkanoid) with the ability to activate slow motion effect (bullet time) to save your ball until the last moment!

60 levels to unlock and several bonuses to discover. For html5 version, you can use the left / right keys to move the pad. The space bar to throw the ball and activate the bullet time mode.

You can play HTML5 version here : http://www.savestates.fr/us/html5/nbd

The Android version : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.savestates.nervousbreakdown

(Sorry for my English)

Edit (screens from 1.0.3) :

103_1.jpg 103_2.jpg 103_5.jpg

It's a pretty solid game, but the gameplay is a bit 'slow' I mean it could use a little more action, like enemies or bonus items to pick up or something like that.

Also, there's no mouse control in the desktop version? And when I hold down SPACE while playing on laptop (Chrome) on the www.savestates.fr site, the page jumps down each time.

Which framework did you use to port it to Android native app? It's doesn't have a CocoonJS splash screen, so I assume it's Crosswalk?

And I tried the Android version and you can activate bullet time (slow motion) by tapping the top half of the screen. However to move the paddle you still have to touch the bottom part of the screen. I think it would be more intuitive to make it so that you can activate bullet-time and at the same time move the bottom paddle. So it's:

• touch top half: activate bullet-time + move the paddle.
  • touch bottom part: only move the paddle
Also, when playing on my mobile device I noticed the background color is a quite dark and the darker blocks are a little hard to see. So I think it's better to either make the background a little lighter or make the dark blocks a little lighter. And finally, the back button is not supported, so I mean going back to the main menu from the level select by pressing the Android hardware back button doesn't work.

I work with Game Maker (html5 export module) I tried this gameplay (touch top or bottom), but I found it harder / less fun.

A next update probably change the contrast and I will add back button management. Thank you again for such returns.

Edit : I added some screenshots of version 1.0.3 (which manages the back button) in the first post.