Mouse Events in Pixi.js v3 or renderTexture filtered in Pixi.js v2.2.9

CUCHO

Hi, I have the following problem. I need to get a RenderTexture that has been filtered. Unfiltered I get the RenderTexture I need, but if I do filter the RenderTexture I get is empty.

I read that this was a bug and is fixed in version 3 of PIXI. So I tried using PIXI v3, but I don't know how to use mouse events. As the code below to PIXI v2:

STAGE.mousedown = function (event) {   if (event.originalEvent.which === 1) {      this.mousemove = function (event) {         // do something      }   } else if (event.originalEvent.which === 2) {      this.mousemove = function (event) {         // do something      }   }};STAGE.mouseup = function () {   this.mousemove = null;}STAGE.rightdown = function (event) {   this.mousemove = function (event) {       // do something   }}STAGE.rightup = function () {   this.mousemove = null;}

Help please for any of the two cases

Ok, here I have as I need it to work with PIXI v2:

http://www.biopacs.com/pixi/pixi_1.html

and here what I have with PIXI v3:

http://www.biopacs.com/pixi/pixi_2.html

STAGE is a PIXI.Container () and I get the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'which' of undefined (when I need the which option)Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function (when I need the event.getLocalPosition function)

Also, in PIXI v2 when I call mouse events from a PIXI.Stage (), I can interact with the whole scene, independent of what it contains. But with PIXI v3 using PIXI.Container () the interaction is limited to children size only. Is there any way to have interaction with the whole scene as PIXI v2?

This is what the interaction manager gives you on an event:

https://github.com/GoodBoyDigital/pixi.js/blob/dev/src/interaction/InteractionManager.js#L61

The `data` property is an InteractionData object:

https://github.com/GoodBoyDigital/pixi.js/blob/dev/src/interaction/InteractionData.js

Which is where the originalEvent is stored. What you are wanting is "event.data.originalEvent.which".

As for whole scene interactions, the container *is* your scene. You can also set its size to whatever you want if you need it to "fill" your space reguardless of children.

• 2 weeks later...

As for whole scene interactions, the container *is* your scene. You can also set its size to whatever you want if you need it to "fill" your space reguardless of children.

You could give me an example of how. I just have not been able to do.

Thanks.

I encountered similar scenario.

In pixi v2 there was a feature to add mouse events to Stage, now with v3 Stage is deprecated and Container should be used. Previously I could just add mousemove/mouseup handlers to Stage (using stage.mousemove, stage.mouseup, etc), now it doesn't seem to be the case. Question is, how to add stage scoped interactions?

Whats the approach that needs to be used now to achieve stage level interaction?

Hi, I have the following problem. I need to get a RenderTexture that has been filtered. Unfiltered I get the RenderTexture I need, but if I do filter the RenderTexture I get is empty.

I read that this was a bug and is fixed in version 3 of PIXI. So I tried using PIXI v3, but I don't know how to use mouse events. As the code below to PIXI v2:

STAGE.mousedown = function (event) {   if (event.originalEvent.which === 1) {      this.mousemove = function (event) {         // do something      }   } else if (event.originalEvent.which === 2) {      this.mousemove = function (event) {         // do something      }   }};STAGE.mouseup = function () {   this.mousemove = null;}STAGE.rightdown = function (event) {   this.mousemove = function (event) {       // do something   }}STAGE.rightup = function () {   this.mousemove = null;}

Help please for any of the two cases

change "if (event.originalEvent.which === 1)" to "if (event.data.originalEvent.which === 1)" and I think that should work.

function myFunction(e){

}

to add a mouse event now (which is how i have managed to do it). "STAGE.on('mousedown',myFunction);".

I hope that helps