bGUI - a GUI extension to Babylon

Temechon

Hi,

I create a pull request. I have not managed to correct for the pick and the image in the center of the camera.

I think for the pick that the problem must be at the level of layerMask.

This work with "viewports" or I had a similar problem with pick. So I think the correction has to do of Babylon on layersMask. but that's just an idea.

Oh and I hope that I have not managed to deceive role in renaming guiposition() by absolutePosition() to go with the relativePosition()

Thanks

no is, guiposition, no guiPosition

there is a field you guiPosition name and function in guiposition. I rename the function by absolutePosition not like the name fields.

I am told that we have a well relativePosition function and absolutePosition

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Temechon,

As you know I love the new bGui extension you built for the community.  But I've spent hours upon hours running into what appear to be simple bugs, and I have a hard delivery Wednesday morning at 7:30am in Newport Beach to deliver a v1 app.  I'm not at all sure if the problems I have are related to Chrome, bGui, or some other factor, as I just have not received consitant enough results to lock down the problems.  Here is the test link to a single drawing color and half of the GUI.

http://www.qedsoft.com/DEMOS2014/bjs2test/index_b.html

I have two major problems.  In reference to the code below:

The 1st showstopper -The Gui won't render at all unless I remark out this entire line declaring the  var gui = new bGUI.GUISystem(scene, 1200, 780);

//Once this entire line is remarked out the Gui appears correctly and animates correctly - but is not yet attached to the scene events to change variables in this test.  Leaving this line unremarked causes all GUI elements to disappear.  I've been creating and trying everything using completely new canvas', but to no avail, and I'm out of time.

The second major issue is that I had the GUI working perfectly, and for no known reason, the transparent backgrounds on low res .pnh textures mapped onto bGUI plane objects won't display their transparencies.  And If I do rebuild one from scratch and get it to work, an adjacent texture becomes coorupted and won't display its transparency.  I've rebuilt these so many times that I've all but given up.

I'll message you the scripts in addition to posting them here so you can take a close look at them if you have a few minutes.I assumed the GUI not displaying was something to do with my multiple canvas', but I've tried and rebuilt everything - so the scripts may not be at their best right now.  However, If you remark out the var gui line, you'll see that I can draw on a dynamic texture directly on a ground object - but the GUI is not visible until I unremark the var gui entire line - and then can not draw on my object anymore.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I recently used your bGUI project and there are good results, thank you (:

But I noticed that in my case the onclick event on a GUIPanel only works with bGUI v1.1.0

It seems strange, am I wrong ? ^^

Thanks btw for your work :D

• 6 months later...

@Myjestic I had the same problem and it sounds like you are using the wrong camera in your pick function (It defaults to the bGUI camera)

Pass it your main scene camera instead. You can pass a specific camera to the pick function like so:

var pickResult = scene.pick(scene.pointerX, scene.pointerY, null, false, camera);

Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...