Surge in HTML5 interest on FGL

ch00se

2benny:

https://www.fgl.com/view_game.php?from=dev&game_id=30495

2hilty:

Played Bouncy - control only via keyboard arrows?

Mouse clicks not moving ball - first impression like game is not playable on mobile device (right now i have no device to test - is touch supported?).

IMHO no way to sell html5 game not optimized for mobile...

Yep. Touch support.

You can see it in the description.
I can not see your game, show the message:

Sorry, but you cannot view this game. The reason is:
Developers are not allowed to view this game.

So,

Cellow:

5 sponsors more than 1 minute. 2 of them more than 2 minutes.
2 sponsors 0 seconds.

Bouncy:

7 sponsors more than 1 minute. 7 of them more than 2 minutes, 1 more than 5 and 1 more than 12 minutes.
6 sponsors 0 seconds.

You think that the ssl problem is the cause of no sales?

Well, I guess it is not the cause of no sales.

It's the same with every product: - In general you lose potential customer to buy your product if they cannot access it easily. 

Thanks - Unfortunately, I am registered as a developer only - cannot see your game. Any non-fgl link?

fixed access for developers.

>> You can see it in the description.

Not sure, but i think one of 10-20 visitors will read it)

>>You think that the ssl problem is the cause of no sales?

Its all about impression in first 30 seconds:)

<sponsor mode on>

I need to go to click shield icon, then reload page then blablabla... did it.

Click--ClickClick ... no response,

hmm better to go to see something else...

<sponsor mode off>

xD

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you an update as it has been a while.  One of the deals I had mentioned before is now finalized.  We have a deal with Amazon where they will feature HTML5 games we send them prominently in their app store over the next 3 months.  So, if you don't have a game on FGL please contact us so I can try your game out and we can work to get it up ASAP.  Ideally, they want the games up by the 10th of this month, so we'd have to move fast!  There is an API to implement, and we've found many games need some optimization to work on their platform, so there may need to be some tweaking even if your game works great on mobile now.

Here's a direct contact if you're interested: Matt ([email protected]

He can help you get going, and answer any questions you have.  It's always easiest for us if your game is actually on FGL, but if it isn't you can still shoot Matt an email with a link to your game and we can try to go from there.

• 3 weeks later...

ozdy is some kind of FGL "hater". He posts in every thread on FGL forum that FGL sucks, flash market dying etc. I think because he couldn't make enough money from flash games and he want to blame all others.

So I would be extra careful when reading his posts on this matter.

Ozdy, I am not sure why you are focusing so hard on catching every little inconsistancy here. :)

You know that you quoted this out of the context. You know that question was "why you are giving away $200 for integrating API into our games", and Chris comment was response to why they are going this extra mile.

Yes, several big publishers wanted to have HTML5 games via FGL. I've closed pretty solid non-exlcusive reskin in 4-digit range via FGL for my Rhinos. Amazon was willing to source more HTML5 games via FGL and I got this offer as well in fact. Yes, this can be called surge of interest (because some interest from 0 is still a surge). 

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys,

Anyone used the FGL ads?
How was the ads revenue ?

Thanks for all,
Cheers,

Yep i tried it.

Looks like this:

stats.png

First peak looks like sort of bug, but anyway being paid from FGL.

Less than a buck per day in  average, but it is mostly because gemcrush is kinda boring :D

I think gemcrush is fun :)

Remember that ad earnings come from two factors: cpm and plays.  In this case relaxx had quite a good cpm at first, and you can see how the revenue directly followed the downloads (installs).  We also got the game into an Amazon promotion so that helped.  We are working on future promotions as well, and we're about to increase the number of games we submit, so the cross promotion from game to game will increase as well.  We already see this working well with our native mobile platform.