[LD32][Phaser] Metal vs Hipster

ladybenko

Hi all,

I wanted to share my entry for the last Ludum Dare: Metal vs Hipsters. You can play the game here.

post-6079-0-43224400-1430925839.png

This was an entry for the compo (not the jam), so only me for 48 hours… It's not as completed / polished as I would have liked, but it's a huge improvement over my previous entry, so I'm quite happy with it.

I wrote a full post-mortem at my blog, with step by step screenshots. I won't reproduce it here, since it's quite long, but here's a teaser of one of the first phases of the game:

post-6079-0-69209800-1430926028.gif

One of the most common feedback I've received already is that I should have made the game infinite, with random spawning of enemies, instead of pre-designed waves. In retrospective, I kind of agree with it, specially since it was a jam and I had very limited time to design the waves / levels and I had to settle with just 5. Also, lack of animations. I should have chosen a different art style that would have allowed me to create animations as well. With this style, I didn't have time for them :(

I hope you guys like it. For those interested, the source code is available on Github. And if you'd like to vote the game on Ludum Dare, here's the link to the entry.

Thanks! Any feedback would be appreciated :)

which one is the hipster? ;) congrats for finishing your game in 48h! if you add more hipsters (with bicycles) and some extra powerups (super guitar riff : kills all enemy on screen) you have an awesome beat'em up.

which one is the hipster? ;) congrats for finishing your game in 48h! if you add more hipsters (with bicycles) and some extra powerups (super guitar riff : kills all enemy on screen) you have an awesome beat'em up.

Thanks! Yep, definitely more enemies / power-up's, etc. would have helped.

Wow the art is the best I seen in a LD game

Thanks, that means a lot, specially since I see myself more as a coder. But I've seen definitely better art there on LD :P I'm quite proud of this one, though.