Hide HTML5 Sponsers' list

Rudrabhoj Bhati

There is a flood of games from the inexprienced users who have bad quality games and lower prices. This is disastrous! I think the spnosers' list should be hidden and only visible to a new user group like 'Professional Developer'.

The games made by user should be tested by the the Forum administration (EDIT: or those who are already in group of 'Professional Developer')  and once they are sure for quality of his game(s) he should be added to 'Professional Developer' group.

This would effectively limit the access of Sponsers' list in this forum to good developers. I know this do look controversial, but this thing can save a situation in which nobody get anything because there would be so huge flood of bad games that sponsers would no longer be able to test them all and good games would started to get rejected (As they wouldn't test it properly) or stay unreplied.

I haven't made any of my game(s) public yet so I would also lose access to Sponsers' List, but fair enough...

Edited by Sanatan

lolz since you already have them so hide them.

Forum administrators here dont have any other job to keep testing other peoples work??

Lists aren't static. Plus why would I need to care having the list given I know quality of my work or if it is bad they I think it would be fair to not waste my time with sending too many emails.

Testing game =/= detail testing or even doing work instantly. Even if it takes a week to get your Professional Developer application accepted it is fair enough. Or we can have a system in which currently Professional Developer(s) see the game and put there views if the applicant should be accepted in group or not based on concensus.

My question is why good devlopers struggle to get reply just because of some inexperienced flooding inbox of the sponsers?

Seriously, requesting this after grabing the valuable info is (put curse word here) itself. And jugding other peoples work without showing off your own is also very questionable. What are you afraid off? That you don't get much out of your efforts? If there ever was a sponsors market, then you are late entering anyway. And who judges what a professional developer is? Is it someone who's doing this as a paid day job? Someone who codes inside his on place? Who decides? And who decides what is quality and what not? What is shit to me might be awesome to you!

And the same time I could request that people from eastern places should not get the info as they will naturally bring the license prizes down. But I won't. It is called competition and that is the exiting fact about it.

Seriously, requesting this after grabing the valuable info is (put curse word here) itself. And jugding other peoples work without showing off your own is also very questionable. What are you afraid off? That you don't get much out of your efforts? If there ever was a sponsors market, then you are late entering anyway. And who judges what a professional developer is? Is it someone who's doing this as a paid day job? Someone who codes inside his on place? Who decides? And who decides what is quality and what not? What is shit to me might be awesome to you!

And the same time I could request that people from eastern places should not get the info as they will naturally bring the license prizes down. But I won't. It is called competition and that is the exiting fact about it.

You misunderstood several things. You concluded that I am getting failure in HTML5 sponser market and that I am boasting of my 'great quality' games. Both are totally incorrect. I haven't made any game public as they are under construction I would never release anything which I myself don't consider to be of good quality. Let me point to a good and a bad game on same topic- 'Syrian Civil War':

Good game: http://gamethenews.net/wp-content/games/endgamesyria

Bad game: http://en.ourminigames.com/play/SyrianRevolt/8992.html

I didn't boast anything at all about my work. And then you are concluding that sponsers' list is static. In an hypothetical scenario that I know all sponsers listed and I am a 'bad developer' then saving the future updates from likes of me (context: hypothesis) would be in favor of those who put a very hard work on game.

And then you think that crashing of HTML5 market would be a high tension for me, no it wouldn't be. HTML5 isn't only work we do nor is primary work. It is most interesting work I agree. If you think people of East are getting for less, then I think it is nothing but xenophobia. There are people who for quick bucks would agree for less payment both sides. You complain price for living is low here, but same way we can also complain that availablity of good universities, schools, etc. and important hardware are less here and we have to buy it from foreign suppliers- paying extra import taxes! Then registring a credit card and opening a bank account is a pain. Then best of luck registering your business. There is no ideal place on earth, everything have plus and minus points.

By quality of games I don't mean some epic elitist standard. It don't have to be best game of universe... Just a general look so it can be decided that a user would flood sponsers' inbox with bad quality titles or not.

I am not presenting my dislike or fear, I being a member of forum is discussing on how can exprience of users can be optimized for best :)

I would go further - lets close submissions of new sponsors for few months until market will grow bigger, like until end of year at least. The worst thing is when you will look for sponsors yourself, got a good contact and on the end someone will just share it to 100s of leechers.

Also rising the bar for accessing the section - to 50 posts and 2 weeks of membership wouldnt hurt.

Sponsors/publishers are used to receive bad quality game and - I suppose - can handle that.
It's a part of their job ...

btw, both examples you give (the good and the bad) are actually "bad" for sponsors, coz both of them are not mobile versions.

it's not that simple to judge witch game is eligible for sponsoring and witch one is not, only sponsor itself can decide.

Sanatan, I see your point but I completely agree with sbat.

Try to look at it this way: I've tried a lot of games from the Game Showcase sub-forum and in my opinion most of that games are bad (but I agree with MikeHart - what is shit for me can be good for someone else). So there are a lot of bad games and even so the developers are able to sell them for about 400 USD. So I'm quite happy, it looks like the quality bar is still really low and if I'm able to do something better than most of the others I probably would be able to sell it for a higher price. Now try to imagine that only the best developers would be able to contact the sponsors - what is an excelent game now would be a normal game and you won't earn more but less.

Hiding information for just an elite group of people is never a good idea.  Sponsors will buy good quality games. So I think the "good developer" struggling to get a reply from sponsor, is not making good quality games.  So this developer, instead of trying to raise the quality bar of his/her games, would rather cut his/her's competition  by half.

Now that we speak of discriminations here, maybe we should hide the list from people that can't spell the word "sponsor" instead? Given the volume of mail that sponsors get, I'm sure that noone appreciates endless letters of broken language. Seems completely reasonable, doesn't it?

WINK.

But seriously... sponsor list was hidden once. So was the forum. I don't recall seeing you around back then. Who we are to judge who is a professional developer and who isn't?

I'm sure the OP's post was not meant to judge the developers or to show some ego , Vadim. I believe this topic is the inevitable result of this topic here  . The guy basically thinks that the solution to that is to make it harder for new comers to access the whole sponsor basis. He is relatively correct about his worries , but I can't agree that it's the right solution to simply delete the sponsors list.

ps: damn, the word sponsor really is hard to spell for some reason..

I'm sure the OP's post was not meant to judge the developers or to show some ego , Vadim. I believe this topic is the inevitable result of this topic here  . The guy basically thinks that the solution to that is to make it harder for new comers to access the whole

sponsor basis. He is relatively correct about his worries , but I can't agree that it's the right solution to simply delete the sponsors list.

ps: damn, the word sponsor really is hard to spell for some reason..

You understood it mostly right Ahmed! I what think is if some how audience of list can be filtered it would serve better to community as a whole. Though, this wouldn't be the most uncotroversial thing to do :huh:

Now that we speak of discriminations here, maybe we should hide the list from people that can't spell the word "sponsor" instead? Given the volume of mail that sponsors get, I'm sure that noone appreciates endless letters of broken language. Seems completely reasonable, doesn't it?

But seriously... sponsor list was hidden once. So was the forum. I don't recall seeing you around back then. Who we are to judge who is a professional developer and who isn't?

lol yeah. Funny was me writing it 'sponser' in title and all following post :D

There is no way I'm going to check games before allowing someone access to the forum. The only reason its 'hidden' is because it contains email addresses and I don't want Google indexing it.

It's up to the sponsors to decide if the game is good or bad, not us. If they pick someone elses game over yours then make a better game.

There is no way I'm going to check games before allowing someone access to the forum. The only reason its 'hidden' is because it contains email addresses and I don't want Google indexing it.

It's up to the sponsors to decide if the game is good or bad, not us. If they pick someone elses game over yours then make a better game.

There's one thing I don't like about it though: sponsors can visit this forum and know exactly what we're doing.

I think the current solution is not perfect, and neither was the old forum, but I don't have anything else to propose atm.

It's just competition... you're going to have to produce your games faster while still making them better than everyone else's in order to compete.  That's all there is to it.

True Valhalla is a perfect example - just look at Aquatic.

I had deals set in motion with over 6 publishers from the sponsor list alone for Block Puzzle.  The graphics for the game took my artist less than a day to complete.  On the flip side, some sponsors didn't even contact me about the game, but I know it was high enough quality to garner a bunch of attention.

There's one thing I don't like about it though: sponsors can visit this forum and know exactly what we're doing.

Good, it keeps things more transparent and they'll hopefully know not to act like complete jerks to us, because we'll just post about it and share the experience - something that FGL could have benefited from imho.

they'll hopefully know not to act like complete jerks to us {...} because we'll just post about it and share the experience 

At least one company (softgames) reacted to these postings here and adjusted their business model and addressed one big obstacle (API integration in Construct, for which they released a ready-to-use plugin). I guess that openness can really benefit both sides, when done right.

I'm kinda new to this forum and html5 games in general. What exactly is the sponsor list and how do you get access to it  :lol:

#1 rule of the fight club: you do not talk about Fight Club. :)

Seriously man, questions like that support topic starter point of view. Search this forum, you'll find a lot of talks about it! :lol:

Neither mind, it just appeared as a subforum, after looking at it I wonder whether all those sponsors said it was okay if there emails where given away to strangers who will probably spam them to death with crappy games  :) Not that I'm not going to spam them to death but I'll try not to wast their time with crappy games  :lol: