How to get into developing Html5 games

Phoenix Labs

I just joined the html5gamedevs so I'm not sure if this is the right place  :lol:

Hi, my names Andrew, I've been making games for about 4 years now with Game Maker. I recently purchased the html5 port for Game Maker Studio and was wondering how do you make money with html5, as I've taken a look around here and I'm seeing a "lot" of people saying they've made money with html5 but from what I'm seeing most of the games made in html5 are very simple and are usually clones of popular games. So I was wondering why so many people like to play these games and how these types of games make money. I myself enjoy making games, but having not made a penny from the games I've made is a little depressing. So what I'd like to know is where do I go once I've completed a game(some games portals for html5 games) How do I get publishers, what kind of money you can make with html5 and finally how you all got started with html5  :D

the problem with HTML5 is that it's very slow. 

I'm also a user of GM:S and I've ported all my games to HTML5. 

Unfortunately, only WebGL-enabled browsers, like Chrome for PC and Android, can run my HD games well. On Safari, my games run like snails.

The issue has led many developers to develop very simple HTML5 games  so that they run well on software rendering browsers.

http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/18-getting-started-html5-game-sponsorship-market/

Do a little searching my friend. I'm starting out myself and one thing I've realized is that in this market information, and the art of using it wisely, is king. Making groundbreaking games takes a back seat unless you're into this for R&D and hobby purposes. Do lots of homework, dig the vast pits of the internet, then give it your best shot.

Hi, thanks for the reply, your games look great  :) I forgot to mention I do a lot of vector art as well as programming I've been doing both for about 4 years. So your saying if you want your games to run smoothly on most devices then make them simple. I was planning to make a game similar to candy crush but with things such as pizzas and milkshakes and things. Would you class this as a game which doesn't require much to run or a fps killer, just so I know before I start programming it :D Here's a mock up of the chef in it:

chef.png

Edit: Aristides Sorry I missed your post thanks for the advice and link, I'll make sure to go over it when I get the time. Which games portal do you think looks the best? So far clay.io looks like it has the most quality games on to me, any other(s) you'd recommend? 

Hi, thanks for the reply, your games look great  :) I forgot to mention I do a lot of vector art as well as programming I've been doing both for about 4 years. So your saying if you want your games to run smoothly on most devices then make them simple. I was planning to make a game similar to candy crush but with things such as pizzas and milkshakes and things. Would you class this as a game which doesn't require much to run or a fps killer, just so I know before I start programming it :D Here's a mock up of the chef in it:

chef.png

Edit: Aristides Sorry I missed your post thanks for the advice and link, I'll make sure to go over it when I get the time. Which games portal do you think looks the best? So far clay.io looks like it has the most quality games on to me, any other(s) you'd recommend? 

I haven't tried any yet, I'm still setting up shop, so I'm not the best person to ask. The link I gave has some info on them though.

I'm a starter on HTML5 development, so I don't feel like giving feedback, I'm here more eager to learn than anything else haha.

But I liked your evoid game, great idea and really fluid executution. Keep it up

And your website is simplistic but appealing to the eye. :)