pixi running client side?

codetemplar

Hi all,

I am looking at a pixi test game a friend of mine wrote and it requires the index.HTML to be ran through a local host server. The JavaScript for this game is trivial so was wondering why it doesn't load by simply opening index.HTML through chrome directly. Because the JavaScript is so simple I can only really fathom that it is pixi.js which prohibits purely client side execution. Is this a restriction imposed by pixi.js or can you configure it to work?

If you need me to post the code let me know.

Thanks

Ok thanks. In that case can you please advise me on the following:

I have a c++ app that uses directx to render chromium embedded framework. I will feed cef my index.html to run my JavaScript using cef v8 engine. The JavaScript will use pixi.js to play a game I've written. However from what you say it looks like cef sandbox restriction wouldn't allow pixi to run. Is there anything I can do to get this working without embedding some kind of webserver in the c++ app. Maybe configuring cef to be less restrictive in the sandbox?

Thanks for any help.