[Phaser] Cut it!

sodomo

Hello there!

My first more serious game since I've left GameMaker behind ;)

Cut it! it is a logic game and your task is to cut wood into equal parts. Of course there was game like this before - Slice it! and it was quite a big hit in times of first iPad. And because I really like concept of dividing shapes into smaller ones... here it is - Cut it!

I've spend quite a lot of time developing it, but I've change graphics completely during that time.

post-8525-0-21004500-1433165325.png

post-8525-0-24918900-1433165329.png

post-8525-0-73090700-1433165331.png

Link:
http://www.circusmoth.co.uk/05.15/cutit/

I must admit, that GameMaker allows you to build a prototypes slightly faster than Phaser, but after prototype phase... Phaser speeds up and never stops. Great framework and I will stick with it for sure!

Thanks for your time! If you have any comments, complains - feel free to share it below ;)

good job. sometimes I had to restart a level, as it was not cutting for some reason. I was wondering if it might be wise to sometimes offer more cuts than required? by always knowing how many times to cut, quite a lot of information is available to solve the problem. maybe dont limit cuts at all in some levels? would require some additional thinking.

Congratulations on making this game, very well presented and fun to play too.  :) It's kind of like the game Tangram.

Only one thing though.. the bar with white dots at the end of a level, it shows if the sizes you cut are spot on or not.. So when one of the parts is 33,33% a white dots appears at 1/3 of the bar.

I would change this so that the dots for the correct sizes appear exactly in the middle, and appear proportionally to the right when a part is too large, or to the left when it's too small. Maybe with the middle part green to indicate the target spot, and orange and red to the left and right parts of the bar.

Just finished all available levels.  :D

Btw I noticed there's no credits info anywhere. I mean like a small (i) button on the title screen that shows "program by.. graphics by.. ©2015" or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Awesome game, just played a few rounds with my girlfriend. It's really accessible and easy to grasp.

I think it's a little too easy to get the 3 star rating. I would also like a little bit more drama in the revealing of the percentages - it would be really nice to see the shape float apart into the shapes that I cut it into and compared somehow. Some way to visually indicate the difference in shape area would be cool, especially when making weird cuts that "seem" similar in size.

Great job!