Control your 3D with your smartphone

PlugPIN

Hi everyone,

I wanted to point everyone to two examples we just put online. They are part of the examples of a new free service named PlugPIN JS that we just launched. This service  turns smartphones into remote controls for games, websites and apps. Here are the two links to the examples, both built with Threejs:

1. Simple Shooter

http://surf.plugpin.com/apps/demo-walkthrough/

2. Remote Controls with Gyro

http://surf.plugpin.com/apps/demo-orientation/

The second example is fully documented  under "onOrientationChange()" in the Docs. We hope you like it and that it sparks your creativity to make your games interactive by using your smartphone. 

If you have any questions concerning the examples or the JS Library, then please don't hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear what you think about it and how you would like to use it. 

Joost @ PlugPIN

• 1 month later...

This is really cool and I‘m very interested in your ideas!

While I am wondering whether the PlugPIN JS could be developed as multiple-player game applied to the outdoor LED large screen media with richer content for commercial promotion?

Do you have any idea about it?

Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to, thanks very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi eaoke520,

PlugPIN can certainly be used for multi-player game application on large led outdoor led screens.

Currently PlugPIN can already be used for setting up a multiplayer game. For now players who connect will be needing a separate connection code.

We will be posting an simple example of a dual player pong game soon.

We do have more ideas about implementing multiplayer interaction. We are already working on this.

We are adding a feature that will make it possible for multiple players to connect with one single code. Then it will be more easy to use it for public multiplayer interaction.

We are also developing a kiosk mode (linux based) in which you will be able to run your html5 app and that will enable a user to remotely manage and update the software and the application. We will also be making the linux install available on the PlugPIN website in the near future.

If you have any ideas, questions or remarks. Please feel free to contact us.