[Template] Super Platformer Engine

Bilge Kaan

• 2 weeks later...

Nice engine..

However: Using 3rd party plugins is an absolute no-go. The reason for that is, that those are unsupported by Scirra. There have been some prominent examples in the past where a new C2 release or (in the case I'm referring to) a new iOS release broke a plugin and the author was gone. So a lot of people had to do open-heart surgery to cut the plugin out of their C2 projects.

Don't go there. You either need to implement everything as events, or you need to implement, release and maintain those plugins yourself (which of course leaves the customers in the same spot, should *you* disappear some day  ;)

Nice engine..

However: Using 3rd party plugins is an absolute no-go. The reason for that is, that those are unsupported by Scirra. There have been some prominent examples in the past where a new C2 release or (in the case I'm referring to) a new iOS release broke a plugin and the author was gone. So a lot of people had to do open-heart surgery to cut the plugin out of their C2 projects.

Don't go there. You either need to implement everything as events, or you need to implement, release and maintain those plugins yourself (which of course leaves the customers in the same spot, should *you* disappear some day  ;)

Thank you for the feedback. The template has 3 custom plugins are quite reliable since they are out like for 3-4 years. But if there will be any problem about the plugins I will cut them before I disappear :P