Tizen awarding prizes for HTML5 games

triptych

While we'd love to be able to expand the contest after launch, it's just not an option available to us.  Also, national contest laws are substantially different even in countries that seem to be otherwise similar.  For example, there is precisely zero consistency between EU countries (even neighbors), let alone the rest of the world.  I've been deeply into this.  Some laws are positively bizarre.

I do want to genuinely thank you for your interest in the contest.  Wish it were possible to give you another answer about adding countries on this particular contest, but as I'd said before, we don't make the rules but we do have to follow them.

that's mildly interesting - didn't realise it was such an issue for these kind of competitions

well sad about the countrys who can not enter but if you really got a game that is able to win anything you could team up with someone who lives in a country that can enter this contest :)

anyway it is not a reason to organize a competition in that way. Considering that lots of competitor's games will be emphasize during the contest, so , as in my case, italian developers have an unjustified gap about marketing exposure.

So, anyone tried their platform out yet? How is the development process, SDK and tool pipeline?

Yes. Me.

JGBCGd7.png

> How is the development process, SDK and tool pipeline?

For a browser-based developer anything that involves building process is confusing. However with a doze (as in HOURS) of patience I have managed to successfully port my game.

Pros: 

+ Does not require to change a single line of the game code

+ Emulator management is done well and straightforward

+ Bunch of example applications, everything pretty well documented

+ Emulator comes in x86 architecture and boots rather quickly

(however don't even approach it if your CPU does not support hardware virtualization ex. intel/VT-x )

Cons (might be related to Linux/Ubuntu 13.04 only):

- Bunch of ridiculous errors without a single clue on what's wrong - like conflict between the emulator and google-talk-plugin (!?!?!?!)

- It is a very young environment so you are going to rely more on documentation (a lot to read) rather than others experience

- IDE is Java/Eclipse based - and its responsiveness is exactly what you could expect from software written in Java

Some mysterious processes like certification required -  very easy and semi-automated - but you have to know it beforehand - nothing new if you have some experience with developing Android apps.

Without a real Tizen device I am unable to comment on performance (which for canvas based app is "unplayable" in emulator - but that does not mean anything)

Congratz for porting your game successfully to the tizen platform. Thanks for sharing your experience, too. Great to know that you doesn't have to touch the game code.

Would be really interesting to know about the perfomance of your game on an actual device.