Tizen awarding prizes for HTML5 games

triptych

Tizen retail devices have not been released yet. There should launch in Q4 2013. The only devices that are available are developer devices that are based on Samsung Galaxy S3 hardware. These are in short supply at the moment.

how are you finding it?  How does it compare to android/iOS/firefox OS?

The Overall OS is very much like Android with notifications and icons but the developer OS is still a cut down version of the real OS which is still being developed. We will see the real OS soon. Keep an eye on my website for details ;)

The Overall OS is very much like Android with notifications and icons but the developer OS is still a cut down version of the real OS which is still being developed. We will see the real OS soon. Keep an eye on my website for details

ah I see - will do!

Are you all guys okay with this? Or is it only for 'test' and 'evaluate' and not beyond? Please clarify (English is not my primary language)

13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Promotion Entities and the Participant, the Participant has and retains all intellectual and proprietary rights in and to the entry that Participant had at time of submission of the entry to the Store and Participant’s agreement and acceptance of the Store Terms and Conditions. Without limiting the Terms and Conditions of the Store, as a condition of entry, Participant grants Promotion Entities a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display and create a derivative work from, any entry in whole or in part that Participant submits to this Challenge for the purposes of allowing Promotion Entities to test and evaluate the entry for purposes of this Challenge, to administer the technical and other requirements of the Challenge including distribution of the entry to the Promotion Entities, and for prize award verification.  

• 2 months later...

I've not even seen a tizen device in a shop, let alone someone owning one ....

You probably have submitted your apps by now but the Samsung remote test lab (remote connection to a real device) has the Tizen SDP model RD-PQ since september

Btw, if you don't have a samsung dev account you may still be interested in creating one as you can also test your HTML5 apps on many major android devices remotely including Galaxy S3/S4/Note/Tab, Nexus - join via 100percentindie so you get 100% revenues from any sales on Samsung app store.