Need Help with BGui

dbawel

Hi Temechon,

I'm assembling the scene now.  I truly appriciate your work to try and help with my delivery.  Wait until you see the entire GUI - it looks very nice once it'scleaned up.

Thanks,

David

I have to thank Temechon today, as he took considerable time to help me with an app which I must have completed and present tomorrow and Thursday.  I used his bGui extension to create the interface controls for the app, and in the script I was already passing pick points through multiple canvas' - which limited my ability to interact with GUI objects.  By 5am this morning, I had all but given up and made a desperate plea to the babylon community for help (my apologies to those who had to read through my desperate posts and lengthy scripts.) However, Temechon responded to my pleas for help, and took time away from his work today to review my files and to modify his bGui extension to allow pick events to pass through the GUI canvas.

I am currently still re-writing elements of my scripts to take advantage of the new event listener he has provided for me to use, and I expect this will be a solution which will allow me to meet my deadline - which is a most important one for my company to demonstrate our next version server application.  

So I wanted to publicly thank him and to point to this as an example of how closely we in the babylon.js community support one another.  I often see members on this forum simply stop what they are doing to help someone else solve issues with their scripts and their work.  Temechon represents the best of the babylon.js community, and all of the other members who are working together to build something fantastic; which is why babylon is quickly becoming the best development language and the standard by which open source cooperation can be measured.

I now believe I'll have my application and GUI working before morning, and will be able to find sucess in my meetings this week and in moving my company forward.  We have to thank DeltaKosh, Davrous, and everyone else who gave birth to BJS, but it's the babylon community which gives it life and feeds it with imagination and creativity. This might all sound a little sappy, but it's because of this community and days like today which help me provide for my family, and allow me to work in a career that I love.

T-man was there for me - I just hope I'm there for the community when they need me. :)

Cheers,

DB

Wow, that was a moment, wasn't it?  But let's be real (not that this was scripted.)  I only work because of this framework and forum.  We're building something great here, and working together for something we don't even know what will become of it.  It's amazing when you put a bunch of geeks together. B) But to whomever is reading this, we all know what this is to become. B)

Cheers,

DB