Panda.js complete beginner tutorial ?

crayonHero

Hello guys :)

I am a flash game developer and want to make some html 5 games for web and mobile for fun :) While searching for html 5 game engines I found panda.js I think this is a perfect game engine for me but I don't seem to find any tutorial aimed towards complete beginner which tells how to set up the project and how to start things. I know javascript but I don't know how to use it with this engine. Please anyone if you know about any beginner tutorial please tell me ! 

Please! I really like this engine ( I love pandas :D )

Cheers,

crayonHero

Hi @crayonHero

I'm an ex-Flash game dev also and I've started using Panda about 6 months ago.

Not only does Panda have awesome features, but it is extremely easy to pick up and use. I absolutely LOVE the engine!

I've now made 3 games with it and have learned everything just by searching/asking on this forum and looking at examples.

I've started a tutorial series on Panda, but decided to wait until @enpu is a little further along with version 2.0 (as there are some differences).

I'm currently working on a game and using the 2.0 (develop) version and find it very stable to work with, so I'm most likely going to resume writing tutorials, within the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if you need any help getting started, feel free to pm me and I'll do my best to help :)

• 1 month later...

Hello NinjaDoodle, I set up a LAMP server and loaded the dev.html file and can see the logo (which I think means that the engine loaded fine!). Do I really need to set up Node.js even now?

Also, I'm not sure how to do the initial setup. I used the code given in the official animation cheatsheet, but I'm getting an error saying TypeError: game.Animation is not s function. I'm guessing the game variables are not properly set up. 

Hi @ankush981

Since you can see the logo, your setup is probably fine so I don't think you need node.js :)

I can't really tell you what the problem is with your 'initial setup' unless i see your code / project.

I would be happy to look at it for you - maybe you can send me a dropbox link?

Let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...