Panda ios memory problem

mrkarate

hi!, I just have a weird problem, and just on ios (I think android gave more memory to browser resources).

I have a dinamic game, with a dinamic map, so I generate a tileset of 26x25 tiles (100x100 each tile), and then  I tried two things:

that container, I convert to cache as bitmap, and when the player got to the final of that tileset, I cacheasbitmap = false the container, remove all sprites, and then add a new tileset (but from same tileset family, only change order, and all tileset are added on start), and make cacheasbitmap again, the other method I use, is instead of cacheasbitmap that tileset container, I add tileset too, but use the generateTexture() method, and to delete it, I use texture.destroy() method.

The two methods works, I have 1 draw call per tileset instead of 400, so thats very nice. THE PROBLEM!!, is, no matter what I do, on ios, (on iphone 6 plus!! so it's not a limited ios device), when I generate, the 6 or the 7 tileset, the browser crash and restart,

and I already check and have sure is this method that crash, because I try to only generate 5 of this segments of tileset, and then no generate more, only move on the last one, and the game don't crash, so I think, whatever I do, removing this sprites, or destroy the texture, I think the engine doesn't really remove from memory, have someone this problem before??

really thanks!

well... finally can't find a solution, every time I make a generateTexture or cacheAsBitmap, it's like memory never release, so finally the game will crash (on mobile, obiosly), no matter what what thing I do to delete cache, texture, memory etc... so finally I create a method to culling my tiles, yes, this will generate more draw calls than use only one big sprite, but, incredibble, my performance it's not worst, I think maybe a little, but no more 1-3 fps less, and this way, my game never crash, always use same memory,

Still don't know why the hell the are generateTexture and cacheAsBitmap methods, if you can't use them n times??, maybe you need to unload all cache memory? (but this means reset all your game),

really don't understand it, hope someone can explain it.

thanks!

yes, I already do that, as I commented it (sorry if I wrote like shit haha, my english it's not good), but I try to delete the baseTexture and the texture, with destroy, using generateTexure, and using cacheasBitmap too, with generateTexture, I see how the sprite using that texture, becoming a black square, so I see how the baseTexture is deleting, then asign null to that texture, with cacheAsBitmap, I, try to set to null, all sprites become again, (no longer a bitmap), and remove every one, but after 6 or 8 times of generate this textures the browser crash (it's same effect If I generate this textures at same time, it's for this I can be sure this bitmaps don't remove from memory, no mather what destroy or other method I use.

I can check too, it's not a ios problem, on android too, but android has a lot memory assigned to the browser ( on android I can generate about 15-20 of this textures), so really can't do more,

You can check my game right?, I generate a long tile base divided maps before, now I use every tile as a single draw call, but with a smart culling control, so the performance I gained using a single bitmap, is equally to now, instead of the extra draw calls.

thanks!