What game engine/workflow is recommended for cross platform HTML 5 game development?

ChuckLeone

Hello fellow HTML 5 developers. I need some advice from those of you who have been at this for a while. I hope you have some time to take a look at this post and make whatever suggestions you feel will put me on the correct path...

I'm a seasoned UI Designer/Developer of over 13 years and have developed a few games in Flash and Lua in the past but have never finished or released a fully developed game title. My goal is set up a game development environment that will allow me as a hobbyist, develop and release games on multiple platforms including OS X, iOS, Android and more.

In the past few years I have experimented with Xcode and have built a couple simple apps for iOS. Lately, I have been working in Eclipse and have taken some of my HTML 5 apps and wrapped them into native Android apps using WebView. On top of that, I have been learning JavaScript and jQuery. I have built a few web based apps using what I have learned as well as the HTML 5 game I am currently working on. This game is written in pure JavaScript and I'm a few months into development. I'm happy with the progress I have made on the game, but I want to take things to the next level a get it running on devices like the OUYA console, Android tablets and other platforms as an app and not just a website (that I need to host somewhere).

My initial experiments with the OUYA and Android platforms have exposed me to the current problems with HTML 5 on these devices (audio playback in particular). As I continue to research the HTML 5 development process and it's inherent hurdles, it's becoming more and more apparent that I should probably be using a game engine that can handle things such as audio, canvas acceleration, controller input, etc instead of the raw javascript coding way I've been developing so far. 

I have done a lot of research into game engines including Unity, ImpactJS, Phaser.io, and more. I have successfully setup and experimented with GameClosure and LibGDX and plan on getting my hands dirty with Phaser.io soon as well.

My question for you is this: what engines and IDEs have you used to develop your HTML 5 games so that they work across multiple platforms but not solely as websites with as little headache and setup as possible. Do you have a preferred game engine?

Right now I'm continuing to develop this title in pure JS just to get it done and gain the experience, but I'd like to take things to the next level and if I need to learn java or another language on top of learning javascript and jquery then I will do so, but I want to make sure I'm not going down a path that will lead me to more roadblocks in my goal to get a title deployed to a gaming platform.

Any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated!