What Happened to Market.js?

Intoxicatious

Lol. This is ridiculous. My game has been pending approval since October and its completely done and meets the requirements as it has since I put the game up. But I can see a slew of newly released games from you guys. Good work market JS!

Hi Uknownxl,

Can you PM/email me the game you uploaded? I will handle it.

Hi Uknownxl,

Can you PM/email me the game you uploaded? I will handle it.

Well, since this is an open discussion and this discussion is about your "service" - it might be a good idea to explain why the game of Uknownxl has not been handled by now !?

Is this now your recommended way to deal with submissions - to email you privately?

It appears to be a technical issue - the game wasn't working when demo-ed from within an iframe. Other games worked ok from iframe.

Screenshot from my chrome:

http://tinypic.com/r/ws04r6/5

Have emailed Uknownxl personally.

@benny! Yes, the best method is still to PM or email me. We get a lot of submissions: it won't help if the issue is resolved outside our system. We'll improve over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben, can you explain please as I can't find any info on your site about this.  We have a game submitted and approved.  We managed to find our game by clicking on My Shopping Cart > Continue Shopping > Next > Upcoming Games > Next 12 > Next 12 > Next 12

Then we click on the game thumb and get a Contact Form asking how much we'd pay for it (no option to play it, just value it from a thumbnail?).

What steps are needed to move a game from "Upcoming" to "Premium" with playable demo, price etc?  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I don't quite get the process.

Your FAQ states: 

"All you have to do, is upload your game for verification. Our internal team will evaluate your game's potential, and get back to you with an offer"

So ok, my game was submitted and approved but no contact has been made from your side. Also the information you provide on your side is very reluctant. Just tell the developers what they can expect. :D

I don't quite get the process.

Your FAQ states: 

"All you have to do, is upload your game for verification. Our internal team will evaluate your game's potential, and get back to you with an offer"

So ok, my game was submitted and approved but no contact has been made from your side. Also the information you provide on your side is very reluctant. Just tell the developers what they can expect. :D

Laguna_999 can you email me with your game title and username? I'll take a look

I have the same question as Laguna_999, my game had been approved but I didn't get any news from you.

My username is thebluemc with game ChickIN.

Same problem here.

username: hilty
games: Cellow and Jelly Balls

Thanks for the concern folks. We've just upgraded, and created a premium games section. Some old links are still being fixed.

I truly believe, the only way upwards in HTML5 games, is to improve the quality. So we're going back to basics, and tackling that issue first, before anything else. We're now working with selected developers to produce highly polished games. 

To echo Tyson's comment about crap, I actually wrote a blog post about it:

98 Percent of Everything is Crap

http://www.marketjs.com/blog/98-percent-of-everything-is-crap

Drop me a line, if your game has potential.

Ben

This is just arrogant. The thing I like on Flash is that you can make mediocre but original (for some) game and there still be few thousands of players wich will actually like it and because of thousands of portals which can pick your game, it actually can make some money.

Someone could say that completly unoriginal game with nice graphic is much more crappier than game with terrible graphic but unique gameplay.

Other thing is if you are talking about clone games with terrible graphics :-) (I do not know which kind of games developers submitted to your market)

@odzy

Marketjs has mainly become a portfolio site now. I really don't see the point in anyone posting their games especially since the premium games are the only ones available for testing. I can't even find any information about the other games. I like the website layout but I don't think many will get sales from their portal, except for the website owners themselves since you can only test premium games, and find only the premium licensing information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Quick correction: the premium ones are collaborated with select devs and partners.

We're adding a few big features in the coming weeks, will definitely make an announcement. Sorry for the wait.

What's the announcement? I was thinking along the lines that you may allow one non-marketJS created game to appear sometimes on the frontpage for a certain fee?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My game, Penalty Shooters, was submitted in December. Two weeks later, the game got 'approved' status, and I have seen it in the 'Upcoming games' section. However, it's not there anymore. I guess it disappeared after new arrivals came in.