Journey Into Space

Phoenix Labs

Logo.png  Journey Into Space 

Description

Journey Into Space is a survival game in which you must dodge endless amounts of flying meteors and spaceships, while trying to collect as many stars as you can to unlock the next Space Rocket!

ScreenShots

Screen_Shot2.png    Screen_Shot1.png

Controls

Click then use the mouse to move

If playing on your phone, touch to move

Game Link:

Note: If possible could you try it on your phone as I've only managed to test it on my ipod touch 4th gen :D

• 2 weeks later...

Works well on iPhone 4 (iOS6). Firefox OS early test device it works, but only at ~5fps. It seems like it doesn't scale vertically very well - on the Firefox OS phone which has less vertical real estate, the bottom of the game gets cutoff.

a160021eef22c037c355398a892b53f9040c5024

Works pretty well on an older HTC 4g stock android browser (somewhat low fps in comparison to iOS)

Thank you for testing it on so many different types of phones. Once I'm more familiar with html5 I'll look into purchasing some different types of phones to test future games on :D This is only my second html5 game so I wasn't expecting the fps to be great but 5 is pretty low. I think I've fixed the screen getting cut off and I've made it scale a lot better :D Any advice on getting the fps higher?

adiian

Thanks for testing it on your phone  :D

austin

Thanks again, I'm glad that fixed the scaling. That's one nightmare over  :lol:

I was just wondering at what level of quality your game needs to be, to be "accepted" by sponsors, I don't know about sending this game to sponsors but I'm thinking of sending "Sky Monsters" a game I just finished recently. With absolutely no experience, I'm kinda scared of sending a game which they may hate or work badly when they test it. Any advice? Sorry about all the questions  :unsure:

• 2 months later...