HTML5/JS Camera Access Mobile

SirSandmann

Hey Guys,

I am trying to print the Camera Input to a Canvas Element in HTML5. On the desktop it works fine, but building it for Android devices with cordova, I cannot access the camera and I really don't know what I do wrong. I also tried it with Crosswalk, there I get no error, but the Camera isn't shown either.

Here is my Code:

navigator.getUserMedia = (navigator.getUserMedia || navigator.webkitGetUserMedia || navigator.mozGetUserMedia || navigator.msGetUserMedia);   navigator.getUserMedia(options, onSuccess, onFail);var options = {     audio: false,     video: {      mandatory: {       maxWidth: window.innerWidth,       maxHeight: window.innerHeight      },      optional: [{ facingMode: "user" }] }}var onFail = function(e) {  alert('Failed to get camera');};var onSuccess = function(stream) {    var video = document.getElementById('my-webcam');    if(navigator.mozGetUserMedia) {        video.mozSrcObject = stream;        console.log("videoWidth" + video.width);    } else {        var url = window.URL || window.webkitURL;        video.src = url.createObjectURL(stream);    }    // Wait 1000 ms before starting the loop otherwise the videosize aren´t set, so the Canvas can´t get values from the video    setTimeout(function(){        setInterval(updateCanvas,30); //manipulating the canvas here        // Make sure the canvas is the same size as the video        var video = document.getElementById('my-webcam'); //invisible        var canvas = document.getElementById('my-canvas'); //where the camera input should be shown        canvas.width = video.videoWidth;        canvas.height = video.videoHeight; //- $('#mainPage_ButtonPhoto').height();    },1000);}; 

But if I build this, I always get the onfail alert "Failed to get camera".

I figured out it is a "errorPermissionDeniedError". I build it with xdk. But with this android.json, or app manifest for building android it is still not working.

{    "prepare_queue": {        "installed": [],        "uninstalled": []    },    "config_munge": {        "files": {}    },    "installed_plugins": {},    "dependent_plugins": {},    "permissions": {      "audio-capture": {        "description": "Required to capture audio using getUserMedia()",          access: "readwrite"      },      "video-capture": {        "description": "Required to capture video using getUserMedia()",          access: "readwrite"      }    }}

Kind regards,
SirSandmann